Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm back...

Ok, I realize I told a big fib when I said back on February 15th that I'd be back to my regular posting schedule the next Monday - but it wasn't intentional.  And I am sorry.

I have been struggling with a few health-related issues over the last few months, one that dragged me down physically and the other emotionally.  Perhaps I will share these struggles in the future, but for now I'm just not comfortable posting the details to the general public.  I hope you understand.

One of the things that I have come to realize while dealing with these things is that I am not supergirl. I repeat.  I. AM. NOT. SUPERGIRL.  This is very difficult for me to admit.  I have always been one that goes above and beyond to make sure things get done, no matter how I'm feeling.  Recently, I've had to come to terms with the fact that when I'm feeling bad, things are going to slip.  Over the past few months, things have slipped:  housework, my personal goals and my blog.

I was comforted in knowing that I'm not the only one this happens to.  A few of my favorite bloggers/vloggers have also had some struggles in their lives and are taking a hiatus from posting or took a big step back and refined their posting schedules to accommodate their lives and the things going on right now.  This helped me not feel as guilty about leaving things hanging here.  I have to take care of myself and get me well before I am able to go full capacity here.  I am only human after all.

Having said this, I'm going to take a step back in the posting schedule I had been on.  I will try to get a couple posts up during the week, but if I'm feeling bad, I will at least pop in to say hello and let you know I haven't forgotten about you.

I wanted to share a few highlights from the past few weeks.  These are all photos from my Instagram feed.



My American bulldog, Coco, donned some Easter bunny ears just long enough for me to snap a quick picture of her.  The next two pictures are some examples of Spring literally popping up in our yard. We have all sorts of wild tulips, daffodils and crocuses that are growing just in the woodline of our back yard.  I have no idea who put them there, but they are gorgeous and I am thankful for them every day. We have tiny little blue, purple and yellow flowers growing in our lawn and all the trees are coming to life with bright green foliage.  I'm sure that means that the pollen will be following soon after, but I'm trying to enjoy the beauty while it's here.

I hope wherever you are reading this, Spring is coming to life just as beautifully.

Until next time, take care!

The post I'm back... first appeared on Simple Life, Happy Wife

No comments:

D