Thursday, June 05, 2014

Quoted | 07

Good morning!  I wanted to share a quote I recently heard that touched me and it goes along the same lines of what I'm trying to live by writing in my gratitude journal.

via



We as a people have grown to feel a bit entitled to things, to jobs, to attention, to life when actually, we aren't owed anything in life.  I think this really hit home when my 21 year old brother passed away six years ago.  He was 21!  Yes, he SHOULD have had a long life ahead of him, with his dream job, and marriage and kids, but it wasn't in God's plan. We have to start living life by appreciating our blessings rather than expecting things to happen for us.

By changing our attitude to one of appreciation rather than expectation, we will also be changing our outlook on life and in turn, perhaps be happier with our lives.

What are you grateful for today?

The post Thankful Thursday - Quoted first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

Until next time,

No comments:

D