Thursday, June 19, 2014

Quoted | 08

Happy Thursday.  Today I'm sharing a quick note about moving forward from struggles of the past.

One of my big problems in life is that I over-analyze things that happened in the past. No matter the situation, whether it was negative or positive, I always waste time afterward thinking about whether I should have said this rather than that or did something differently to change the outcome of that event, and I know some of you are in the same boat.  I feel like someone needs to snap in front of my face and shout "wake up!" and bring me back to reality.

Then I found this quote from Dr. Oz.




I had an Aha! moment.  While we are putting the time and energy into analyzing the past, we are missing the moments of the present!  Life is short and I don't know about you, but I can't afford to lose any more of the present.

I'm now making a conscious effort to stop dwelling on the past.  There's no changing it, so why worry about what we could have done differently?  One way I plan to accomplish this is to be more thoughtful about what I say or how I react before it's too late.  That I can focus more of my time and energy on the present and getting excited about what is ahead.

Do you dwell on past events?  How do you let go of the past and focus on what is ahead of you?

Oh!  In case you missed it... 
Tuesday, I showed you how I keep my brain young and fit.

Monday, I shared some yummy 4th of July recipes.

Are you following me on Pinterest yet?  I have over 12,000 pins on 150 boards and add new content daily.

Do you have something to say?  Speak up!
I love any and all feedback, whether you have a question, a suggestion or you just want to say hello.  I hope you click below to leave a comment.  I read them all and enjoy hearing what you have to say.

The post Thankful Thursday - Quoted first appeared on Simple Life, Happy Wife.  If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

Until next time,

No comments:

D