Tuesday, June 24, 2014

#FitbyFourth Check In

Good morning!

At the beginning of the month, I shared about the current fitness challenge I was involved in - the Fit by Fourth campaign.  We are just over a week until the end of the challenge and I thought I'd do a check-in about my progress.

When I started this challenge, we were asked to take a photo of ourselves.  Here is mine.




I assume we'll also be asked to take one on 7/4/14 so we can see the difference from when we started.

We weren't asked to get a weight or take measurements at the beginning because I don't think the challenge is specifically about slimming down - it's about getting healthy.  That's why I have loved this!

Our first fitness challenge was to time ourselves doing 40 air squats, 30 sit ups, 20 push ups and 10 burpees.  We were to be honest about our time because only we were going to know about it and it would give us a starting point and a goal to trim that time down over the next several weeks.  My time was 6 minutes and 23 seconds.  It probably could have been shorter, but I had to constantly maneuver myself around a dog and a cat who both thought it was a game to lay on the floor under me precisely when I was getting ready to go down on my push ups or burpees.  They are funny.

Over the last few weeks, I've not only worked by butt off, I've looked at my thought process and based my diet on the plate chart.

via
I have not done my final measurements yet, as I'm sure this last week will probably push us even more, but I can see and feel a difference already!  My clothes are fitting better.  The areas that used to move when I walked (my legs, butt and boobs - you know what I'm talking about) aren't moving so much any more.  I am able to work out for longer and not feel so tired afterward.

Signing up for this campaign has been one of the best decisions I made this spring.  It's been so nice to use the hashtag #fitbyfourth on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and see how everyone else is doing.  I can't wait to take my final picture and do my timed test again to see where I am at the end.  I'll be posting a wrap-up in July when the campaign is over and I'll be sure to share how I did!

Have you followed along with any fitness campaigns online?  If so, how did you do?

The post Tone Up Tuesday - #FitbyFourth Check In first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

Until next time,

No comments:

D