Wednesday, June 04, 2014

My Mobile Office

Happy hump day!  Every time I say that I think about the camel in that commercial - "HUMP DAAAAY!" :)

Today, I'm going to share with you - my secret to being productive throughout the day - my mobile office.  I have a formal office set up with a desk and a bookshelf and everything, but I've never been one to enjoy sitting at a desk while working on the computer, writing blog posts, spending hours on Pinterest...  I much prefer finding a cozy spot on the couch with my laptop and usually at least two, if not three of my fuzzies curled up close by.

Because I don't spend a lot of time at my desk, I like to keep the items I access frequently withing reaching distance.  This includes my planner/calendar, my blog planner, my Kindle, among quite a few other things. I keep everything is this gorgeous Vera Bradley large reusable shopper in Twirly Birds Pink, which is now retired.




This bag was a gift from my parents (we are a VB lovin' family!) and I have adored it because it's made of a coated canvas material that is sturdy and super easy to wipe off spills or dog slobber...  It has two strong shoulder straps that makes it a breeze to grab and take back to the office at the end of the day or if we are having company over.  Most of the time, this bag and all of the contents stay in the living room by the couch.


As you can see, I have it stuffed with things I use every day.  The bag has a little slip pocket on the side that I use to store the pens I use in my planner, my white out tape and a little sudoku book I'm working my way through.



In case you're wondering, my current favorite pens are the Uniball Signo 207 MicroPoint gel pens and you can find them here.

The first and largest things I have inside my mobile office are my household binder and my blog planner. I purchased both last year from Jen's shop over at IHeartOrganizing and just updated with new calendars for 2014.  She did such a great job designing these formats and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to start a new home management binder or is looking for a blog planner with lots of writing space.


The next things I keep in my mobile office are two folders and a few magazines I'm going through. The green folder is for magazine articles I want to keep and the yellow is for fitness routines I pull out of my health magazines.  To conserve space, I don't like to keep old magazines, so I rip articles out to keep and recycle the rest.


I keep a lot of the fitness articles for reference and regularly rotate the exercises through my weekly routines.


Next up is my Smash Journal, which is sort of like a scrapbook.  This was a Christmas gift from my parents last year and I've had a lot of fun with it!  *One of these babies may or may not find it's way into a giveaway later this summer, so stay tuned!*


A few other things I keep in my mobile office tote:  my Kindle (which moved out of my handbag and into this tote once I started working from home full-time) and the book I'm currently (re-) reading. 


The last items are the ones I'm using most frequently:  my gratitude journal, my planner and a notebook I use to jot down websites to check out, new products I want to try, phone numbers, etc.  I will be doing a more in-depth look at my planner and how I use it towards the end of this month.


By keeping everything I access throughout the day close by, I'm cutting my down-time to a minimum and am able to stay much more productive.  I hope you enjoyed the little look-see through my mobile office and its contents and perhaps were inspired to start your own.  If you have a different method of organizing your daily go-to items, I'd love hear about it.  Feel free to share in the comments below or tag me in social media by using #slhwblog.

The post Work It Wednesday - My Mobile Office first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

Until next time,

No comments:

D