Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Cool Break (My Week In Review)

We have had a break in our typical 90+ degree summer temps this week, a lovely surprise!  It's been in the high 70's during the day, but has dropped down into the 50's overnight, so I've been needing a sweatshirt when I go on my morning walks with the dogs.

Because our summers in Northern Virginia usually bring very high humidity, we don't get to spend a whole lot of time outdoors until things cool down in the fall. We have really taken advantage of this week and it's cooler temps.

We gave Coco a bath in the front yard with the hose, which she loves!  She usually gets her bath in the tub.



We also took much longer walks through the neighborhood and stopped to admire all the pretty flowers that are in bloom.  We even found some wild berries growing in our yard!


Last night we got to sit on our front porch and watch the sun go down, then see all the fireflies come out for the night.  (Where do they hide during the day?)

Overall, it's been a great week.  I really hope these cooler temps last a little longer, but I don't want to push my luck!  We still have to get through August and that month is usually a doozy for heat and humidity.

Are you having a break from your typical summer weather?  Do you take advantage of cooler days and plan more outdoor activities?

The post Thankful Thursday - A Cool Break (My Week In Review) first appeared on Simple Life, Happy Wife.  If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!


No comments:

D