Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Current Fitness Routine

Good morning!  It's been awhile since I've shown you an updated fitness routine.  Since I was having some health issues for the majority of July, I took some time off and when I did work out, it was very gentle yoga routines.  I decided to continue with yoga-based workouts for the month of August as well, to allow my body to be able to ease back into the program.  I'm still focusing on the 2x schedule I discussed in my June fitness routines and am doing faster routines for the cardio days and adding a little more strenuous flows for the toning days.  So let's jump into my August workout.

Toning:
I've been a fan of Denise Austin since I was young.  She's such a great motivator when you are feeling over your workout.  This is a great yoga flow that concentrates on toning.



Cardio:
You all know I'm a big fan of Tara Stiles and her yoga methods.  I love the way she talks you through the routine and explains how to get into certain poses.  She's also a big advocate for moving inside each pose to ease your body into a good stretch.  This is an awesome cardio-focused yoga routine from her.



Stretching:
I've recently discovered Hilaria Thomas (Baldwin) and love her deep stretch yoga flow.  I feel so refreshed after this workout like I've been able to get a deeper stretch than ever before.  She will become a regular in my future routines.



Yoga:
For my standard yoga days, I decided to go with one of my favorite routines from the Tone It Up girls.  This flow is easy to follow along with and is a good twenty minute yoga routine.



These are the routines I'm doing every week in the month of August.  Hopefully, my body will be able to get back "into the groove" of working out every day again and by next month, I'll be ready to resume my normal schedule!

What workouts are you loving this month?

The post Tone Up Tuesday - My Current Fitness Routine first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D