Friday, February 20, 2015

Links to Love | 32

Well hello, lovelies!  I hope your week has been great.  Mine is because I have a big announcement, which I'll talk about a little later in the post.  ;)  Speaking of which, on with the Friday Favorites!

Let's start off by talking about lunch.  Do you remember what cafeteria food looked like when you were in school?  Mine was always pretty gross - like skip lunch altogether, gross.  A recent article shows what school lunches look in different countries, and... Let's just say that the US's doesn't look appetizing compared to the rest.


I loved playing with dolls when I was a little girl.  I had probably a hundred Barbies, Cabbage Patch and other dolls.  Now that I'm an adult, I think about the kind of dolls I would give my daughter (if I had one) and my nieces.  Most dolls on the toy store shelves have tons of makeup on and are dressed inappropriately, not to mention the unrealistic body image message they send.  Tree Change Dolls is changing that.  Sonia gathers discarded dolls from thrift stores and gives them a make-under.  (video link

Last week, I made "I'm sorry" brownies for hubs and they were a big hit.  They were also a hit on the blog, so clearly, we need a replay.

I've been a subscriber of Ann Voskamp's for years and she's come out with these inspirational "sticky notes for the soul" (printables) and she shared this one on her blog last weekend.  

I've never been one for romance, but I can appreciate a guy doing something creative to show his lady what she means to him.  Like this guy, Brian Flynn, who found an illustrator and turned his girlfriend into a Disney princess - and several other female characters from popular Disney movies.

I played the flute in orchestra when I was in elementary and junior high.  I love the sound of the flute and thought this video was so beautiful.  Apparently, butterflies think the flute is beautiful too.


I told you at the beginning of the post that I had an announcement... My family welcomed a new baby boy this week!  This is my youngest sister's second child, but first boy.  Both he and mom are doing well and we are so excited to snuggle on this little guy soon!

Hope you are having a great Friday!

The post Fridayday Favorites first appeared on A Simpler Grace.   *This was not a sponsored post - just some things I love and wanted to share with you!  If you wish to share any of the ideas above, please click the links and share from the original source.* If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!



No comments:

D