Monday, February 16, 2015

Rich Chocolate Brownie Recipe


My husband LOVES brownies and since I did something last week that upset him, I thought I could help make it up by preparing his favorite dessert.  He likes them best when they are chewy on the edges and fudgy in the middle.  I have a trusted recipe I've been using for years and thought I'd share it with you.



This recipe is super easy and you can pull it together in just minutes.  Here are the ingredients you'll need:

     1 cup flour
     2 cups sugar
     2/3 cup cocoa powder
     1/2 teaspoon salt
     1/2 teaspoon baking powder
     4 large eggs
     1 cup vegetable oil
     2 teaspoons vanilla
     optional:  nuts of your choice and/or semisweet chocolate chips/chunks

Preheat your oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.  In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder until combined and lump free.  In a separate mixing bowl, stir together your sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until combined.

Mix your wet ingredients into you dry and mix until everything is incorporated.  I find it easiest to use a rubber spatula to scrape all your dry ingredients from the side and bottom of your bowl.  Once everything is mixed together, pour your brownie batter into your baking dish and use your spatula to level it out before popping it in the oven.

You will bake your brownies for 25-30 minutes (depending on your oven) until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  When the brownies come out of the oven, set the dish on a cooling rack and do not touch them until they are completely cooled.  Cutting them when they are still hot will only give you a crumbly (but delicious, yes) mess.


This recipe will give you the best fudge-like brownies that are a bit chewy on the edges.  Eat them alone or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.  If you plan to give this recipe a try, make sure you post a picture on Instagram and tag me in it.  I'd love to hear what you think of them!

The post Rich Chocolate Brownie Recipe first appeared on A Simpler Grace.   If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

20 comments:

  1. Yum!! That looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really yummy and it's the easiest recipe that doesn't come out of a box! Thanks for stopping by Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Michelle BengtsonFebruary 16, 2015 at 9:46 AM

    This looks so good-your pictures are phenomenal and make me just want to pick it up off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet words, Michelle! They are delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina Marie (Sawyer-Roberge)February 16, 2015 at 10:50 AM

    These look scrumptious! Great picture and easy to follow recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tina! That's one of the reasons I love this recipe - minimal steps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meaghan | Cook. Craft. Love.February 16, 2015 at 7:32 PM

    Nothing says 'I'm sorry honey' like a fudgey brownie! I hope he forgave you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy, with all of this snow I might have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, Meaghan! Luckily, he can't refuse chocolate. I learned early in our relationship the ways to his heart and baked treats are one of them. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi, these would be an excellent treat to indulge in - especially if you have to be out in the cold shoveling snow. Thanks so much for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM!! They look fantastic and so easy. With my 3 kids I don't get much time to cook yummy treats for just me and my partner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breanna, it's hard to sneak sweets around kids - especially when it involves chocolate. Luckily, the batch doubles easily so you can make enough for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I wish I had some cocoa powder in my home right now because these are making my mouth water! Cannot wait to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to keep all the ingredients for this recipe and a few others on hand at all times. The brownies are so good, I'll get up in the middle of the night to make them. Can't wait to hear how you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! I really need to keep cocoa powder in stock for recieps just like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heather, this is the ONLY recipe I keep cocoa powder on hand for. lol! I buy bulk organic chocolate bricks or wafers for all my other chocolate recipes. Thanks for coming by to check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo. I need these for an afternoon snack. Now!


    Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ashley, they make GREAT afternoon snacks... and evening snacks, and midnight snacks! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This has literally made my mouth water! I will be making these later!

    Thanks for linking up at the Talented Tuesday Link Party last week! I hope you're going to join us again tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nat, I'd love to hear what you think if you make them! Thanks so much for coming by to comment!

    ReplyDelete