Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Reading Shakespeare | 101 in 1001

If you've check out my 101 in 1001 list, you saw that one of my reading goals was to check off ten books from the BTU list.  BTU stands for Back to University.  Quite a few bloggers have lists like these, but I'm following one from my favorite bookie YouTuber, Books and Quills.

college literature


Her Back to University is the complete list of recommended reading for a Master's degree in literature.  Her reasoning for making the list is that in a literature degree, it's difficult to read all the recommended reading in your college and grad school career.  It's quite the syllabus of British lit. I've read a lot of the works she has on her list, but I'm going to reread it all over the next several years.  I chose ten books or works to complete in my 101 in 1001.

Here are the items I've checked off the list.
  • Shakespeare - The time sonnets (12, 18, 19, 55 and 73)
  • Shakespeare - Sonnets (97, 107, 116, 129)
  • Macbeth
  • Twelfth Night
  • Shakespeare - Sonnet (130)
Shakespeare is one of my favorite writers of the English Renaissance and I knocked out everything in the early part of the Back to University list.  There is a little more of his writing in the Master's section of the list.  

shakespeare reading

With that, I've crossed off three "books" from my BTU list - I counted all the sonnets as one entry because they are quite short.

P.S.  In case you're wondering about this beautiful book of Shakespeare works, it was my 26th birthday gift from my husband.  I think he got it from Barnes & Noble in the collector's section.

Did you complete all the reading in your college literature classes?  Who is your favorite writer?

The post Reading Shakespeare | 101 in 1001 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.   If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D