Friday, October 02, 2015

Links to Love | 39

links to love, a simpler grace, #asimplergrace

Fri-yay!  We finally made it!  The weekends at this time of the year always seem to be buzzing with activity, whether school sports or trips to the farmers markets or fall festivals.  I always try to take a few moments to myself on Fridays to relax and recharge so I can jump into the busy weekends with purpose.

Here are some of my favorite reads from the week.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • Did you know that every image created of outer space and our solar system are not anywhere close to scale?  Well, that was until Wylie Overstreet set out to show what it would really look like...
  • What sets Lithuanian garage doors apart from those of other countries'?  The color, as told by photographer Agne Gintalaite.
  • Typically, when you go on a camping trip, you leave your pets at home, but these dogs are avid campers.
  • If you have trouble sleeping at night, all you need to do is a little yoga.  Like these ten poses.
  • Ever wonder what Tom Sawyer would look like as a kid in the present day?  This mother tells the story with photographs of her kids.
  • ...and sixteen reasons why INFJs (like me) are likely to succeed.  
On the blogosphere:
  • Ann Voskamp features some amazing storytellers on her blog.  Yesterday, Jill Lynn Buteyn talked about finding grace in the hard places.
  • I have such a heart for adoption.  I adore it when I see families opening their homes and hearts to children who would otherwise be without a family.  Jen Hatmaker shares how to prepare teachers for her adopted children.
  • One of the best things about Carlos Whittaker is that he brings both humor and truth to Christian blogging.  Like when he talked about being in a pastoral entourage.
  • If you've paid attention to my Instagram lately, you'll already know that I'm a big, BIG fan of pastor Levi Lusko and his wife Jennie.  They lost their young daughter a few years ago very suddenly and have used her story to spread hope across the world.
From here on A Simpler Grace:
  • I closed out the month of September (and my summer hiatus from the blog) by sharing my monthly reflections - little snippits of what I've been up to both here and off the blog.
  • The first day of October was the official launch for this little space of mine.  I gave a run-down of everything you needed to know to completely enjoy A Simpler Grace.
  • Over on Instagram, I've been (a tiny bit) obsessed with everything fall - from hot beverages to pumpkins and a little bit of leftover summer memories. :)
Hey, what were you drinking on #NationalCoffeeDay?  Thanks for stopping by to see what my favorite reads of the week are.  See you next time!

*This post featured some of my favorite things from the week.  I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you.  If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.*

The post Links to Love | 39 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D