Monday, October 12, 2015

Simple Gratitude | 05

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful
This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

Happy Monday!  It's such a lovely thing to count my blessings of the week past when everyone else is dreading the day and the week ahead.  Gratitude is such an uplifting thing, isn't it?

Let's jump right in with today's happy thoughts!  

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My blogging friends.  These girls have seen me through some of my toughest times this summer and have always given me encouragment.  They have kept me on track for what I dream of for this space, but also keep me grounded and make sure my dreams are attainable. They are certainly some of my besties.
  • My family.  In truth, it doesn't matter how much we've been hurt, angered, or driven crazy - we will always have each other's back.  When one person is in need, we all are there with whatever that member needs, whether it be a hand held, a nudge in the right direction, or a slap upside the head.  
  • Good books.  I have been reading tons lately and I've gotten into some great reads.  A few will definitely be some of my all-time favorites.
  • Hot tea.  Nothing picks me up on a cold morning more than a steaming mug of tea.  It always makes me feel like a hug on fall mornings like these.
  • Peace that passes understanding.  As I complete this post, my brother's best friend is actively dying in a hospital bed a hundred miles away.  He is twenty-seven years old. I hate to see my brother and this boy's family and friends have to suffer this tremendous loss, and I wish I could make it go away for them all.  But, I can only pray that God's comforting spirit completely encompasses them and guides them through this grief.  You will be missed, Ryan.
What are you grateful for today?  Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts.

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey


The post Simple Gratitude | 05 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends.

8 comments:

  1. Steaming cups of tea, a favorite of mine too! Green tea in the mornings, chamomile in the evenings. I like how you described it as a hug. I agree! I'm so sorry about your brother's friend. May peace come soon and comfort included.Visiting from ember grey's grateful heart link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog friends are a must! Support is needed when you are blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks for your brother and his friend's family. I'm a fan of a good cup of hot tea as well. I have one almost every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past, Mondays were such a drag. I am grateful for renewing my mind with God's truth. Just reading this post and those of others who participated; it has lifted my spirit more and I am overflowing with joy. God bless you. Praying for your brother, Ryan, and his family - In Jesus name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, I'm right there with you! I love green tea in the mornings, but I've never tried chamomile. I'll have to add that to my list. In regards to my brother's friend, thank you. I know God has a plan for him that is bigger than we can imagine. Thanks so much for coming by and leaving a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, you are so right! I don't think you can have enough blogging friends! Thanks so much for taking the time to come by today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelli, mine does too. He is such a good boy and it's hard to see this happen to him. Hot tea is an early morning staple for me and I feel a bit lost when I don't have it. Thank you for coming by today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebeca, you are right about Mondays. It is so nice to take a day that is normally a hard one and giving it new purpose. Thank you for your prayers. God hears and counts every one. I'm so grateful you took the time to stop by today and leave a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete