This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.
Happy Monday! It's such a lovely thing to count my blessings of the week past when everyone else is dreading the day and the week ahead. Gratitude is such an uplifting thing, isn't it?
Let's jump right in with today's happy thoughts!
This week, I'm grateful for:
- My blogging friends. These girls have seen me through some of my toughest times this summer and have always given me encouragment. They have kept me on track for what I dream of for this space, but also keep me grounded and make sure my dreams are attainable. They are certainly some of my besties.
- My family. In truth, it doesn't matter how much we've been hurt, angered, or driven crazy - we will always have each other's back. When one person is in need, we all are there with whatever that member needs, whether it be a hand held, a nudge in the right direction, or a slap upside the head.
- Good books. I have been reading tons lately and I've gotten into some great reads. A few will definitely be some of my all-time favorites.
- Hot tea. Nothing picks me up on a cold morning more than a steaming mug of tea. It always makes me feel like a hug on fall mornings like these.
- Peace that passes understanding. As I complete this post, my brother's best friend is actively dying in a hospital bed a hundred miles away. He is twenty-seven years old. I hate to see my brother and this boy's family and friends have to suffer this tremendous loss, and I wish I could make it go away for them all. But, I can only pray that God's comforting spirit completely encompasses them and guides them through this grief. You will be missed, Ryan.
What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts.
The post Simple Gratitude | 05 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends.