Monday, November 09, 2015

Simple Gratitude | 07

simple gratitude, gratitude, #gratefulheart, #embergreyblog #asimplergrace
This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

Oh, Monday, we meet again.  Each week, I hesitantly roll out of bed, after the third alarm has been snoozed half a dozen times, and set my feet on the floor.  This morning, I greet you with a big steamy mug of tea and some fuzzy slippers.  It was 80 degrees earlier this weekend and freezing now.  (meh)

Let's talk about some gratitude, shall we?  I know it's difficult to always think of the blessings in our lives when we have long, stressful days filled with work, school, kids, spouses, meals to plan, laundry to do...  But, it really does help when you set your mind to focus on the positive instead of always dreading the next item on your ever-growing to-do list.  Tracking my daily and weekly gratitude has been one of the best things I've ever done.  It keeps me positive and remembering there is a greater purpose for my life besides the daily grind.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My camera.  Y'all, the fall has been so, so beautiful and I've been so blessed to be able to get out during the day to snap some shots of the amazing season.  
  • Modern medicine.  The past few weeks have been kind of blah for me, health-wise, but I've been able to correct it pretty quickly by altering the dose of a few of my meds.  Most people with chronic illnesses don't say this, but I really am so lucky to have a disease that is easily maintained, now that I've had it long enough to recognize what my various symptoms mean.
  • Pumpkin spice season.  Confession.  I found out that Entenmann's makes pumpkin donut holes. You're welcome. ;)
  • Free audiobooks from the library.  I love listening to audiobooks when I'm working around the house or brainstorming blog post ideas or editing photos and I can't tell you how much money my library has saved me over the years.  I always have no fewer than eight of these books going at any particular time.
  • The sounds my baby nephew makes when he is enjoying table (meaning, not baby) food.  He is just shy of nine months with four little teeth through - two on top and two on bottom.  He "chews" everything you put in his mouth, even if it's pureed and from his smacking and the aahhh! noise he makes, it's clear, he thoroughly enjoys every bite.
What are you grateful for today?  Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts.

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

The post Simple Gratitude | 07 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

14 comments:

  1. Entenmann's make pumpkin SPICE donuts. Got me some of those babies this weekend, not even a donut fan. They are so good. With a hot cup of tea, yum. Wonderful things to be thankful for. Thankful I found you at ember grey's grateful heart link up today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so happy to be able to take gorgeous pictures this season as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. its incredible how your outlook changes when you look to all the wonderful things you have instead of what you don't have!

    Stopping by from the Grateful Heart link up

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather has been so perfect for photos! I found your blog through the link up and can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I'm going to have to go searching for those. Thanks for the heads up and thank you so much for coming by today, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely a great season for pictures! I'm really worried the winter is going to be a very white one - they are calling for above average snow here. Thanks for popping in today, Tayler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finley, you're right. I find that it's one of the only practices that keeps me looking up and staying positive. Thanks so much for coming by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, I'm so glad you were able to stop by. I love, love, LOVE this season and hate to see it end, but I know winter and spring will be just as pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at pumpkin spice donut holes.


    Seriously though, the library is my lifeline. I downloaded some audio books for a solo ten hour road trip, and it was awesome. I love your perspective on having a chronic illness. You have such a good attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, I can't tell you how good those pumpkin donuts are! The library is such a great resource that I feel a lot of people are overlooking. I always do audiobooks on road trips. They are a lifesaver! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl YES - all the donuts, all the time. (Can you tell I'm a fan? ha!) I'm so glad you linked up this week, Lecy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emily, I'm a big fan too, although I have to enjoy them in moderation. Thank you so much for coming by to check out my post and for hosting such a great linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin donut holes?! Going to have to try this immediately. Love discovering your blog through this linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You won't regret trying those donuts, Kelly. They are GOOD! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete