This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.
Oh, Monday, we meet again. Each week, I hesitantly roll out of bed, after the third alarm has been snoozed half a dozen times, and set my feet on the floor. This morning, I greet you with a big steamy mug of tea and some fuzzy slippers. It was 80 degrees earlier this weekend and freezing now. (meh)
Let's talk about some gratitude, shall we? I know it's difficult to always think of the blessings in our lives when we have long, stressful days filled with work, school, kids, spouses, meals to plan, laundry to do... But, it really does help when you set your mind to focus on the positive instead of always dreading the next item on your ever-growing to-do list. Tracking my daily and weekly gratitude has been one of the best things I've ever done. It keeps me positive and remembering there is a greater purpose for my life besides the daily grind.
This week, I'm grateful for:
- My camera. Y'all, the fall has been so, so beautiful and I've been so blessed to be able to get out during the day to snap some shots of the amazing season.
- Modern medicine. The past few weeks have been kind of blah for me, health-wise, but I've been able to correct it pretty quickly by altering the dose of a few of my meds. Most people with chronic illnesses don't say this, but I really am so lucky to have a disease that is easily maintained, now that I've had it long enough to recognize what my various symptoms mean.
- Pumpkin spice season. Confession. I found out that Entenmann's makes pumpkin donut holes. You're welcome. ;)
- Free audiobooks from the library. I love listening to audiobooks when I'm working around the house or brainstorming blog post ideas or editing photos and I can't tell you how much money my library has saved me over the years. I always have no fewer than eight of these books going at any particular time.
- The sounds my baby nephew makes when he is enjoying table (meaning, not baby) food. He is just shy of nine months with four little teeth through - two on top and two on bottom. He "chews" everything you put in his mouth, even if it's pureed and from his smacking and the aahhh! noise he makes, it's clear, he thoroughly enjoys every bite.
What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts.
The post Simple Gratitude | 07 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!