Monday, again... And I have to admit, I've been dreading today. It's my birthday and I'm feeling particularly old this year, what with everything that has happened in the year so far. I've never been the kind of person who wanted a big deal made out of my birthday, or any holiday, for that matter. I don't like to do gifts, cards and you'd better not ever sing 'happy birthday' to me. I think my mom is doing a birthday cake or something. I'll let my niece blow out the candles. At least she'll enjoy it. I'm not the only one who feels this way, right? Right??
This week, I'm grateful for:
- The thirty-six years I've been given on this planet. I've been truly blessed to make it this far because of nearly dying several times from Addisonian crises. So, Lord, thank you for getting me here!
- Generous publishing houses. I've been gifted some pretty great books from publishers recently and I can't wait to crack them open. Of course, they will all be reviewed here on ASG.
- Hand cream. Because winter is coming and the air is already very dry and my hands have been looking like sandpaper. My favorite of the moment is Philosophy's Peppermint Stick.
- A yoga ball. You know those giant rubber balls you can get for exercise purposes? Yeah, well if you lie on your back, hold it between your ankles and do leg lifts, it's a KILLER ab workout.
- New phone charger cords. I had a scary moment this week when I thought my trusty old iphone 4s was crapping out on me. I couldn't get it to charge over 5%. Turns out, it was just the cheap, generic charger cord. Luckily, I found another one and we're back at 100%. :)
What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts!