Monday, November 23, 2015

Simple Gratitude | 09

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful
This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

Monday, again... And I have to admit, I've been dreading today.  It's my birthday and I'm feeling particularly old this year, what with everything that has happened in the year so far.  I've never been the kind of person who wanted a big deal made out of my birthday, or any holiday, for that matter.  I don't like to do gifts, cards and you'd better not ever sing 'happy birthday' to me.  I think my mom is doing a birthday cake or something.  I'll let my niece blow out the candles.  At least she'll enjoy it.  I'm not the only one who feels this way, right?  Right??

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • The thirty-six years I've been given on this planet.  I've been truly blessed to make it this far because of nearly dying several times from Addisonian crises.  So, Lord, thank you for getting me here!
  • Generous publishing houses.  I've been gifted some pretty great books from publishers recently and I can't wait to crack them open.  Of course, they will all be reviewed here on ASG.
  • Hand cream.  Because winter is coming and the air is already very dry and my hands have been looking like sandpaper.  My favorite of the moment is Philosophy's Peppermint Stick.
  • A yoga ball.  You know those giant rubber balls you can get for exercise purposes?  Yeah, well if you lie on your back, hold it between your ankles and do leg lifts, it's a KILLER ab workout. 
  • New phone charger cords.  I had a scary moment this week when I thought my trusty old iphone 4s was crapping out on me.  I couldn't get it to charge over 5%.  Turns out, it was just the cheap, generic charger cord. Luckily, I found another one and we're back at 100%.  :)
What are you grateful for today?  Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts!

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey


The post Simple Gratitude | 09 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

22 comments:

  1. Oh girl. Birthdays are a HUGE deal in our house! (And we have a rule that if it's your birthday, you can decide how old you are that year. I've been 30 twice now) ;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day & celebration this week. (And YES to the hand cream!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, gal! I'm not huge on birthdays either. Not for any reason besides the fact that I don't care about gifts all that much. Nevertheless, I hope your day is happy at the least!
    I have been searching high and low for my favorite hand cream (Nivea) and cannot find it for the life of me! Also, what a great workout move - I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I'm not big on birthday's either, so I try to just get through them quietly without making a big deal. I don't like to have that much attention on me. Have a great day and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha that's great! I think I'll be 30 as well. That's a nice round number. I want to know when I can start counting backwards again. :) Emily, thank you so much for the birthday wish and for stopping by to check out the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy, thank you so much for the birthday wish. And girl, it's tragic when a favorite hand cream goes MIA. I hope you are able to find someone who sells it! Thanks for coming by today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal, I feel the same way. Lucky me to be born around a major holiday and there always seems to be extended family around to make it a big deal. I hope you have a lovely holiday week! Thanks for coming by and for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. In a non singing voice ;-) And holy handcream. My hands are already cracking. And I live in south Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Great list of what you are gratful for. Birthdays are not as big as most people see it in my family unless you are a kid. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!! I rather dislike my birthday as well, though. ;) And I really need to get my yoga ball out. I tend to not use it much because it takes up so much room and we live in a smaller space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great one! Mine is next week and I'm looking forward to it but I also realize I'm getting close to 30 and that is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday!! :) This week I'm feeling extra grateful for a warm home, my 2 dogs and my husband. My life is so comforting with them by my side!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Every day I try to wake up thankful that we’re able to have another day together.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Kim! And girl, let me tell you, the dry air is going to be killer this winter. #thestruggleisreal Thanks so much for coming by and saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shamira, thank you so much for the birthday wish and for stopping by to read today's post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Branson! Yes! The yoga ball does take up a lot of space, but mine doubles as a chair at my work station, so that's my excuse for keeping it out all the time. Thanks for coming by to check out today's post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Brittany and happy early birthday to you! My 30 wasn't so bad, but I'm getting close to 40 and that is terrifying. Hopefully, I'll grow more comfortable with it over the next few years. Thanks for coming by today and have a great holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Brooklyn! Yes! Those are things to be thankful for. Having loved ones near (even the four-legged kind) always makes me very happy. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the birthday wish, Liz! Waking up every morning is definitely on my daily gratitude list. :) Thanks for checking out today's post and for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post! I'm thankful RIGHT NOW that my husband is finally home from coaching, so I can take a minute to myself before it's time to start the bedtime roundups. Today was a doozy. I'm also thankful for big, fat, cozy socks, Netflix, and for the chocolate-covered cranberries I'm going to inhale once the kids are asleep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are great things to be thankful for, Tawni! I love chocolate-covered strawberries! Thanks so much for coming by and your sweet comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this practice of gratitude. I've found writing down things to be thankful for, just like you did here, is seriously *so* cathartic and refreshing! It keeps everything in perspective. <3

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
  22. Erica, gratitude is one of the best ways to keep a positive attitude in life. I love writing down the things I'm thankful for. Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hello!

    ReplyDelete