TGIF friends! Another week down and we are officially just TWO WEEKS FROM CHRISTMAS! [Insert panic emoji here] The Festival of Lights started this week, so Happy Hanukkah to all my friends who celebrate! I hope you and your family are enjoying the season no matter what holiday you observe in your home. It is a time for joy and peace around the world!
Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
From around the web:
- This is the time of year when hospitals and medical clinics get very creative with their holiday decorations...like getting a blood transfusion out of a Christmas stocking.
- For anyone who has battled chronic depression, you know how tough life can get. Wouldn't it be lovely to wake up next to your biggest cheerleader? Check out what this guy does every day for his wife...
- Remember the days when you'd have to wait two weeks to get a package in the mail? Well, thanks to Amazon, soon, the wait could be thirty minutes or less!
- About seven hundred homeless people die from hypothermia each year. If we all took just a few dollars and put them to use like this girl, that number could be erased.
On the blogosphere:
- My blogging friend Betsy, from Heavens to Betsy, shared the most amazing holiday eggnog smoothie on her blog this week. Drool-worthy!
- Rachel Held Evans recently wrote about American Christianity and how it's changing, yet will always remain the same.
- Author Matt Brown just wrote a post for Ann Voskamp's A Holy Experience - how to see your way through things right now.
- One of the sweetest bloggers out there, Faith from Life w/ Mrs G and the Artist, just wrote the most heart-wrenching article for her marriage series, After I Do. You might need tissues for this one.
Here on A Simpler Grace:
- Yesterday, I shared a recipe for one of my all-time favorite dishes: pesto pasta with feta and grilled chicken. My family loved it and you should try it for yours!
- Monday I wrote about gratitude in the weekly #gratefulheart linkup. You can click the link through to check out the other posts in the series.
- I've been getting in the holiday spirit this week and sharing little glimpses of our Christmas decorations as well as other things that inspire me over on Instagram.
What are you loving from this week?
This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.