Monday, December 07, 2015

Simple Gratitude | 10

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful
This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

Happy Monday!  I'm sure you all are greeting me from the other side of your respective devices with bright, cheerful faces as we start this new week together.  Got your cup-a in hand and jumping in head first, I assume?  

Well, this is the first week of the holiday season, all of autumn really, that I felt like things slowed down a bit.  In fact, they slowed to a crawl.  It didn't seem like the week would ever end.  Perhaps that's because I'm waiting for a very important package to be delivered.  I don't know about you, but I always get anxious when I'm waiting for something special.  :)

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Christmas lights!  The house is decorated, most of the trees are decorated and I have white lights in my room over my bed, adding a little ambiance, which I love.
  • Midnight chats with good friends.  Whether it's about something important or just checking in, it's so good to catch up.
  • New opportunities.  I have a chance to step waaaay outside my box and try something I've only ever dreamed of and I'm nervous and excited all the same.  It's all about taking a chance, right?
  • Peppermint-flavored everything.  I was in love with the pumpkin spice season of fall and I'm equally excited for peppermint.  Candy canes, hot chocolate and mint fudge are some of my favorites from Christmas-time.
  • My cozy bed.  Nothing makes me happier at the end of the day that slipping into my bed warm bed at night and drifting off peacefully.
What are you grateful for today?  Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts!

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey


The post Simple Gratitude | 10 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

10 comments:

  1. Shelly they are mine too! Thank you for coming by to check out today's post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I'm grateful for peppermint everything this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peppermint! I am asking for a peppermint Essential Oil and am excited to use it all.the.time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love placing Christmas lights around my bed. The ambiance is so calming and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peppermint and chocolate seem to go hand-in-hand for me around the holidays. I can't get enough of it! Thanks for coming by to check out the post Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elle, you will LOVE peppermint essential oil! It helps relieve my headaches when I get them when no medicine ever has. Thanks for coming by today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, there is something so cozy about the ambiance, isn't there. It always makes me want to go to bed early and curl up with a book and listen to Christmas music. :) Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stepping outside of your comfort zone can give you some great experiences! I wish you the best with your new opportunities! Visiting from the Grateful Heart linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily you are so right! I'm glad I've finally worked up the courage to take the leap. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete