Monday, December 14, 2015

Simple Gratitude | 11

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

Good morning, friends, and happy Monday!  I don't know about you, but we had some uncharacteristic temperatures for December here this weekend.  Most of my family was in shorts and t-shirts and we are usually awaiting snow by this time of the year!  

The past week had more lows that it did highs, but the highs I did get were better than I could have asked for.  I'm learning to accept that some days just won't be as bright as others, and that's ok. Today is a new day and the start of a fresh new week with new opportunities to find my little blessings in life.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • A clean, orderly room.  Nothing says, "relaxing sanctuary" more than a space that is free from clutter and cloudiness.
  • Warm weather in the middle of December.  Even though I much prefer seasonally-appropriate temps, it is nice to be able to get outside for some fresh air without having to don thirty pounds of outerwear.
  • Citrus fruit.  I had the BEST orange the other day and was reminded how I can sometimes take the fact that I have fresh fruit readily available year round for grated.
  • Grace.  I am far from perfect and when I get into a spat with one of my siblings (because yes, even at our age, it does happen from time to time) it is so humbling to be forgiven when sometimes I don't always deserve to be.
  • Life.  We have been blessed with just one here on earth and some are taken away from it way too soon.  The gift of waking up each day and taking a breath should never be taken for granted.

What are you grateful for today?  Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts!

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey


The post Simple Gratitude | 11 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

4 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post :) we've been experiencing warmer than normal temps and while it's definitely not normal, it's nice. And very true, we're soo lucky to get another day on this world.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, it just doesn't feel like December with these strange high temps. I don't know that I'm going to be ready for the holidays in two weeks. Thanks for coming by to read today's post and leaving your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when people take time to be thankful for the small things. So encouraging to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea, it always lifts me up to count my blessings each day. I recommend the practice to everyone! Thanks for coming by and leaving your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete