Sunday, January 31, 2016

Monthly Reflections | January

What I'm currently up to in life and on the blog. #currently #takingstock #monthlyreflections

It's so hard to believe that tomorrow is February.  I mean, really?  

For me, January was a month for settling in, stretching out and getting situated in some new routines. I don't know about you, but I really feel like it was a trial run for the start of the new year and, at the horizon of the new month, I'm only now feeling like I'm ready to push ahead with making my new year's goals happen.  So, I'm calling a re-do on the start of 2016.

Lately, I've been...

Making:  cookies!  Check out my Instagram to see what kind.
Cooking:  a lot of family style meals.
Drinking:  tons of water. 
Reading:  books from the master list.  
Wanting:  a fitbit.  Do you have one?  I'd love to hear the pros/cons in the comments below!
Looking:  for new opportunities.
Playing:  with my niece and nephew.  Those two kids are my world.
Wasting:  hot water in the shower.  There's something about soaking up the steam after a hard workout.
Sewing:  up stuffed animals for my niece.
Wishing:  someone would come home soon.  (You know who you are.)
Enjoying:  early turn-downs in a cozy bed with a thick book.
Waiting:  for old things to end and new things to begin.
Liking:  the sore feeling I wake up with after some arm and shoulder work the day before.
Wondering:  if I'll hit 300 followers on Instagram by the end of the week.  (Slowly growing...)
Loving:  the sound of melted snow running down gutters and downspouts.  
Hoping:  for spring blooms soon.
Marvelling:  at the beautiful sunsets over the snow-covered ground.
Needing:  new candles.  I love ones that smell manly - like Archaeology amberwood + slate at Target.
Smelling:  men's cologne.  (see needing above)
Wearing:  my hair up.  I haven't been in the mood to straighten or mess with it.  Top knots for the win!
Following:  some awesome photographers and soaking up all the good feels.
Noticing:  how the same thing can look so different in another person's eyes.
Knowing:  more than I let on.
Thinking:  about a cup of tea and a cookie.
Bookmarking:  soup recipes.  Anyone else crave it this time of year?
Opening:  the windows.  The weather has been really nice considering we are in the dead of winter.
Feeling:  inspired by so many creatives around me.

What have you been up to in January?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | January first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D