Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Fitness Routines | Winter 2016

The fitness programs I'm doing to tone up this winter!

Hiya, friends!  It's been quite a while since I posted a fitness article or shared the current reg I was doing (August 2014, to be exact), so I thought I'd start the new year off right and share how I'm working out this winter.  

I typically workout in the early morning or later in the evening, when I have some quiet time and am not in the middle of work or a creative project.  Because we are now in the dead of winter and because I live on a mountain with wildlife (yes, bears and mountain lions and such,) I don't get a chance to workout outdoors as often as I'd like.  I do still take some walks occasionally, but they really have to be when the sun is up because, well, the wildlife thing again.  I'm not trying to be dinner for a bear, ya know!? Also, there are no street lights in this area, which makes it impossible to do anything outside before or after daylight.  For these reasons, I am forced to do my fitness regimens indoors.  

My current fitness routine consists of videos from one of my favorite instructors, Cassey Ho - the creator of Blogilates and Pop Pilates.  I fell in love with her teaching style years ago when I stumbled on one of her yoga routines on YouTube.  She is so encouraging and really makes those extra grueling workouts a little easier to get through.  

This winter, I'm focusing on my problem areas that became a little out of control over the holidays, thanks to lots and lots of comfort food, extra creamy Starbucks drinks and a few big foodie holidays. These areas are my waist/abs and my leg/butt area.  Right now, I'm pretty stable with a weight I'm happy with so toning up is my main goal.  I really want to become stronger this year and Cassey is going to help get me there!

Here are the workouts I'm currently doing to tone up:

Blogilates 30 Day Waist Trainer Challenge (video link)

Blogilates Quick Leg and Butt Sculptor (video link)

Blogilates The Ultimate 2016 Ab Workout (video link)

I alternate between these three routines throughout the week and let me tell ya, Cassey kicks some butt!  I am so sore after these workouts, but it's a good kind of sore.  You know what I'm talking about!

Do you have problem areas you're trying to work on in 2016?  What kind of fitness routines are you loving this winter?

The post My Fitness Routines | Winter 2016 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D