Monday, January 11, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 13

Sharing my weekly gratitude highlights and linking up with Ember Grey Blog!

This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

Howdy, friends and happy Monday! So far, January has started off as a dull ache.  I spent the whole first week in bed with bronchitis/pneumonia (I know, yuck!) and didn't get much done around here, but I'm feeling much better and will try to tackle some of the work I left behind.

No matter how bad my day or week seems sometimes, I always try to make a conscious effort to remember the people, moments and things I've been blessed with.  It goes such a long way to keeping a positive attitude!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Time to rest.  I'm so lucky that I have the luxury of being able to get plenty of rest when I am sick so I can get better and get back to work.  I also have some amazing friends and family members who kept tabs on me and made sure I was taking good care of myself the past week.
  • The good in humanity.  I don't know about you, but I get depressed when I watch the news these days. Between the political mud-slinging, suicide bombers and race wars that plague this country's print and digital media front pages, it's hard to believe there is any good left in people - except when you watch a video floating around Facebook of a young man who took off his shirt and hat and gave it to a homeless man so he wouldn't get cold on the subway.  It warms my heart to know that there are still good people out there who love others unconditionally.
  • Flannel pajamas.  Because sometimes a girl just needs to get cozy.
  • The loyal followers of this little nook on the net.  I was so surprised to receive a few emails and a Facebook message from readers who noticed I hadn't been around and wanted to make sure I was ok.  I heart you all so very much!
  • Sunshine!  Yesterday was our first (partly) sunny day in a week and I have needed it so. Anyone else counting down the days until spring?  ...Anyone?

What are you grateful for today?  Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts!

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey


The post Simple Gratitude | 13The post Simple Gratitude | 13 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes being sick is a bummer, but other times a blessing. It gives us time to heal the body, rest the soul and be grateful for good health all the other times. I hope this gets to you feeling better and up and around. You are right, hearing from folks is medicine to the soul. From ember grey grateful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better! It's crappy to feel ick during the winter but hopefully you'll be up to feeling better soon. Stay cozy in those flannel pj's and cuddle up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the news and needing a little light in my life. It’s so hard to pay attention to what’s going on around the world when every story is so depressing. I’m happy to find the humanity in the world that may not necessarily be front page newsworthy. Thanks so much for sharing and I love finding new blogs through Emily’s linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, that's so true! It was really nice to get plenty of rest without having to worry about all my responsibilities. Thanks so much for stopping by today and for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, thanks, I am feeling better. Flannel pj's for the win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, the news is really depressing. I try my best to avoid it except for catching just the highlights so I know what's going on. It's always nice to see someone do something good when it seems the world is all wrong. I'm so glad you stopped by today!

    ReplyDelete