Howdy, friends and happy Monday! So far, January has started off as a dull ache. I spent the whole first week in bed with bronchitis/pneumonia (I know, yuck!) and didn't get much done around here, but I'm feeling much better and will try to tackle some of the work I left behind.
No matter how bad my day or week seems sometimes, I always try to make a conscious effort to remember the people, moments and things I've been blessed with. It goes such a long way to keeping a positive attitude!
This week, I'm grateful for:
- Time to rest. I'm so lucky that I have the luxury of being able to get plenty of rest when I am sick so I can get better and get back to work. I also have some amazing friends and family members who kept tabs on me and made sure I was taking good care of myself the past week.
- The good in humanity. I don't know about you, but I get depressed when I watch the news these days. Between the political mud-slinging, suicide bombers and race wars that plague this country's print and digital media front pages, it's hard to believe there is any good left in people - except when you watch a video floating around Facebook of a young man who took off his shirt and hat and gave it to a homeless man so he wouldn't get cold on the subway. It warms my heart to know that there are still good people out there who love others unconditionally.
- Flannel pajamas. Because sometimes a girl just needs to get cozy.
- The loyal followers of this little nook on the net. I was so surprised to receive a few emails and a Facebook message from readers who noticed I hadn't been around and wanted to make sure I was ok. I heart you all so very much!
- Sunshine! Yesterday was our first (partly) sunny day in a week and I have needed it so. Anyone else counting down the days until spring? ...Anyone?
What are you grateful for today? Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts!