Monday, January 18, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 14

A weekly linkup post where I share the things I'm grateful for!
This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

It was a crazy busy weekend and a bittersweet one at that.  I got a shipment of my belongings/portion of the divorce settlement delivered and I've spent the last couple of days going through and sorting everything and finding a place for it all in my new home.  It's tough.  I won't lie, but I just keep reminding myself that this is one chapter closing and an even greater one is just beginning.

The rest of my week was filled with busy work around the house and here, behind the scenes, on the blog.  I wrote a few book reviews for the publishers I write for and read a few books, which is always relaxing for me.  What do  you do to relax during the week?

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Long-distance coffee dates over Skype with a beloved friend.  These are simply the best!
  • Finally being one with my book collection again!  It's been so (SO) hard to have my books in another state and I am so very glad to possess them again.  :)
  • Lip balm.  These cold winter months are so drying and my lips have been screaming for some nourishment.  I love Burt's Bees Replenishing with acai berry.
  • Freshly laundered bed sheets.  If you haven't climbed into a bed when the sheets are still warm from the dryer and smell fresh and clean, you haven't lived!
  • Early bedtimes and sleeping in.  See the previous item and you'll understand how this can be. 

What are you grateful for today?  Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts!

The post Simple Gratitude | 14 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D