Friday, February 12, 2016

Links to Love | 49


TGIF, friends!  It's been quiet around here this week because I've had some family things going on that have kept me occupied and away from the laptop.  I have a lot of posts scheduled for the next few weeks, so stay tuned for some fun things!


Here are my favorite reads for the week.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • Photographer Benoit Courti found a new way to express his fears and desires... with photography, in a very dark way.  Some of his images will make you smile and some will make you shudder.
  • One of the worst chores to tackle in a large family is laundry. Growing up in my family of ten people, I dreaded the mess and hassle of lugging laundry baskets around.  This mother of eight custom-designed her laundry room to be efficient and save space and boy, do I wish I had it.  
  • Have you ever wondered who owns Antartica?  This video clears up the debate... sort of.
  • One of my favorite things about beginning a new year is to look back on the best things from the previous year.  Like the 50 best photographs of 2015.
On the blogosphere:
  • Having grown up in a private Christian school all my life and being used to having to get on my knees to ensure my skirt was less than two inches above the ground, this video Jefferson Bethke put out about the objectification of women really hits home.
  • Ann Voskamp recently shared an article about what we need to do when we are longing to thrive instead of barely surviving and shared some adorable photos of their new baby piglets.
  • My blog friend, Faith, just shared a post in her marriage series that captures all the very best and the very worse and the funniest things about marraige.  
  • You've heard the phrase, "ashes to ashes, dust to dust."  Well, Rachel Held Evans recently shared her thoughts on Lent and a little history behind the phrase.
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • I've been sharing a lot of behind-the-scenes pictures from around here at ASG on Instagram. Are we connected there yet?  I love following other creatives!
  • On Monday, I joined in on the #gratefulheart Monday linkup with Emily from Ember Grey and shared the things I was grateful for over the last week.
  • It's been pretty quiet here on the blog this week, but I have been doing a lot of reading and updating over on Goodreads.  If you are a fellow book lover, let's be friends?
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week.  I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you.  If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 49 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D