Sunday, February 28, 2016

Monthly Reflections | February


I don't know about you, but February has flown by.  I feel like we only just started the month and here we are at the end already.  It's been a month of self-reflection for me, as I've done a lot of evaluating where I am and where I want to be.  In February, I put some steps into play to make my life a little more efficient.  I've also prepared for a lot of new creative endeavors in the month of March, so there are a lot of exciting things to come this spring.

Lately, I've been...

Making:  big plans
Cooking:  homemade ginger snaps
Drinking:  lots of water.  One of my goals was to double my daily water intake in 2016.  I'm well on my way!
Reading:  the Hunger Games series, among others.  Are we friends on Goodreads yet?
Wanting:  more hours in a day
Looking:  forward to spring
Playing:  with my nephew.  He is one and is such a fun little boy.
Wasting:  paper.  I've been doing a lot of scribbling in notebooks lately.  Big ideas need to be written down.
Sewing:  nada
Wishing:  for a lifetime supply of mahogany teakwood candles from Bath & Body Works.  
Enjoying:  quiet evenings with a book
Waiting:  a few more weeks.  Doesn't seem that long after waiting nearly six months.  :)
Liking:  the feeling of knitting needles in my hands again
Wondering:  when politicians will live up to their promises
Loving:  my new bookmarks
Hoping:  for peace for a grieving family
Marvelling:  at the warm weather on this last weekend of February
Needing:  Brach's jelly beans.  I'm in the mood for some Easter candy!
Smelling:  my new shampoo
Wearing:  dark nail polish
Following:  the Rose family's unfolding adoption story.  The cutest family ever is getting a girl!!
Noticing:  fashion trends are leaning towards boho chic for the spring - and LOVING it!
Knowing:  things will work out
Thinking:  about the future
Bookmarking:  gluten-free recipes.  Can you recommend any?
Opening:  sketchbooks
Feeling:  very, very happy


What have you been up to in (month)?

The Monthly Reflections series was adapted from Taking Stock by Anna at Rich As Kings.

The post Monthly Reflections | February first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D