Monday, February 01, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 15

A weekly recap of my gratitude and linking up for #gratefulheart Monday with Ember Grey!
This post is part of the Grateful Heart Monday linkup with Emily at Ember Grey.

It's been a tough week. My nephew has been sick and has been running a fever and my sister had to take him to the ER early Saturday morning.  We also suffered a loss when we found out that one of my brothers had lost his unborn child as a result of a miscarriage.


It is so very easy to focus on the negative things and let them get you down, but my family is pretty amazing in that if one person is hurting, we all pitch in to lift them up.  We always try to find the silver lining in a difficult situation and focus on the good that God is surely working behind the scenes.  This is what has held us together in the most difficult moments.  

These are my silver linings for the week:
  • My family.  We are a crazy bunch sometimes, but we ALWAYS have each other's backs. 
  • Last night's beautiful sunset.  I stood on the back porch and took a picture and just stared until it was over. 
  • Good friends who hold me accountable for the goals I've set for myself.  
  • All the cute puppies and kitties that pop up on my Instagram feed.  Can you say #dogswhobrunch and #kittensnuggles?
  • Grace that I extend to myself when stepping on the scale after one-too-many chocolate chip cookies. Tomorrow is a new day to work off the extra calories, but I did enjoy them. (#YOLO)
What are you grateful for today?  Hop over to Ember Grey to check out the other posts!

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey


The post Simple Gratitude | 15 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

8 comments:

  1. I say the same grateful statement when it comes to cookies. So sorry about the sadness in your days, yet rainbows comes out again and happiness does show its face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for waking up with a song in my head that helped me focus on God and his goodness! Thanks for helping us focus on the good, positive and things to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the tough things your family suffered this week, and so happy you have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your brother's loss and hope your nephew feels better soon. Its always a bright side to knowing you have someone to lean on when you need them. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, cookies always do make tough days a little bit easier. Thank you so much for your kind comment and you're so right! Rainbows will come out again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, such a wonderful thing to be grateful for! Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chelsea, thank you so much. There is nothing like a tight family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your sweet words and I'm so glad to connect with you through the grateful heart link up! :)

    ReplyDelete