Happy Monday! I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day weekend. Mine was quiet, but that's exactly how I like it. :)
It's been so cold here the past few days and we are getting some snow right now, so I've been craving a little beach weather lately, hence the photo I've chosen for this post. Anyone else start thinking about the beach in mid-February? I could sure use a Caribbean vacation right about now...
This week, I'm grateful for:
- Chocolate. Cake. Specifically, the tuxedo cake from Costco. Need I say more?
- The cute little Valentine's Day card my niece made for me. She cut out the heart by herself and everything. She's so adorable.
- Needles and skeins. I've been getting back into knitting (a little late in the season, I admit) and hope my muscle memory kicks in so I can make something useful and not terrible looking. I'd like to make several winter accessory sets so I can donate them next winter.
- Himalayan salt. I know what you're thinking. "Salt??", but yes. I have Cerebral Salt Wasting Syndrome because of the Addison's and have to maintain a high sodium diet. Well, in addition to needing it for that reason, apparently the pink rock salt has numerous other health benefits. (Interesting side note: Costco sells this salt in a big grinder for less than $4!)
- Some hope in a dark situation. Just when things were looking pretty drab, something turned up that put a big smile on my face. A little hope can go such a long way.
What are you grateful for today?