Monday, February 15, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 17

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful
Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day weekend.  Mine was quiet, but that's exactly how I like it.  :)

It's been so cold here the past few days and we are getting some snow right now, so I've been craving a little beach weather lately, hence the photo I've chosen for this post.  Anyone else start thinking about the beach in mid-February?  I could sure use a Caribbean vacation right about now...

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Chocolate. Cake.  Specifically, the tuxedo cake from Costco.  Need I say more?
  • The cute little Valentine's Day card my niece made for me.  She cut out the heart by herself and everything.  She's so adorable.  
  • Needles and skeins.  I've been getting back into knitting (a little late in the season, I admit) and hope my muscle memory kicks in so I can make something useful and not terrible looking.  I'd like to make several winter accessory sets so I can donate them next winter.
  • Himalayan salt.  I know what you're thinking.  "Salt??", but yes.  I have Cerebral Salt Wasting Syndrome because of the Addison's and have to maintain a high sodium diet.  Well, in addition to needing it for that reason, apparently the pink rock salt has numerous other health benefits. (Interesting side note: Costco sells this salt in a big grinder for less than $4!)
  • Some hope in a dark situation.  Just when things were looking pretty drab, something turned up that put a big smile on my face.  A little hope can go such a long way.

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 17 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D