Monday, February 29, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 18

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful
If the header photo for this post doesn't clue you in on how I feel about this Monday being here already...

Good morning, friends!  I just wrapped up the most beautiful (and warm), most productive weekend I've had in a long time.  I kind of wish I could have a few more days of this weekend with the windows open  and the fresh smell of spring in the air and all those items ticked off my to-do list.  I shall try to extend my productiveness into this week.  I'll try really hard.  On that note, who is really ready for spring cleaning?  (Raises hand then looks around awkwardly at all the un-raised hands...)

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Cassey Ho.  If you don't know who this awesome woman is from my previous blog posts or from random fitness-related searches on YouTube or Google, you clearly don't live on this planet.  She is the founder of Pop Pilates and the creator of the YouTube channel, Blogilates. Her workout videos are so inspiring and motivational and y'all, I hurt today because of them. That means they are working!  (And no, I wasn't asked or paid to promote her sites.  She's just that awesome)
  • My Contigo water bottle. I've been transitioning into sort of a detox diet in preparation for the month of March, when I go fully clean and gluten free.  I have a lot of food sensitivities and am going to clean up my diet to find out which foods I feel better without.  The detox part is from all refined sugar, starch and processed foods.  {Research "candida overgrowth" to see the benefits of this kind of detox.} Part of this detox diet is drinking LOTS of water.  I mean, over 80% of your body weight in ounces - daily, along with lots of essential oil use.  This is designed to reboot your immune system, restore the healthy bacteria in your gut while ridding of the excess yeast your body can sometimes produce and make you generally look and feel better.  I plan to write a post after the month to follow up on this.  Stay tuned.
  • The pure joy that comes from hanging out with kids who love you.  There is no better feeling than hearing your six-year-old niece tell you she loves you randomly while sitting at the dinner table or having your one-year-old nephew's eyes light up as he runs to give you a hug when you walk in the room.  I assume this feeling can only be topped when they are your own children, but I think it's pretty rad.
  • Sleeping with the windows open.  It was warm enough over the weekend to sleep with the windows wide open and I can't tell you how delighted I am for spring to officially arrive.  It has been a long, dreary winter and I know the bright happiness of a new season is just around the bend.
  • This little blog of mine.  I have been so very happy with this space since I rebranded five months ago and I'm really feeling at home here.  I'm writing more from my heart and apparently, you guys are enjoying it because page views are spiking and more opportunities are knocking on my door.  I am so excited for some of the things I have planned for this site in the upcoming months and hope you'll continue on this road with me.

What are you grateful for today?  

The post Simple Gratitude | 18 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D