Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Bad Days Call for Ice Cream and Coloring Books #Adulting

Bad Days Call for Ice Cream and Coloring Books #Adulting - A Simpler Grace

This isn't a review or sponsored post.  I just wanted to take some time to remind you to act like a kid again and do something creative today.  #Adulting

Yesterday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  I rolled out of bed on the wrong foot and it just got worse from there.  By the end of the night, I had two choices:  drown myself in a bottle of wine - which would not be a good idea when I had to be up this morning at 6:00 a.m. with my niece - or revert to my five-year-old self again.  I chose option B.
Usually, when I've had a bad day such as this one, I find myself either getting my hands dirty (like making homemade bread) or doing something so simple, it relaxes me instantly.  It was ten p.m. and a little late for bread-making, so I pulled out one of my adult coloring books, my colored pencils and scooped a bowl of ice cream.  Actually, it was fruit punch and tangerine sherbet and delicious.



It's amazing how doing something creative yet so simple can help calm and really soothe you after a tough day.  I urge you to try something like this.  Pick up a coloring book and some pencils or even some playdough and you'll be feeling stress-free in no time.



I found this coloring book for a couple bucks in the dollar spot at Target, in case anyone was curious.

What do you do to let off some steam at the end of a tough day?

The post Bad Days Call for Ice Cream and Coloring Books first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D