Friday, March 04, 2016

Links to Love | 50


(In a sing-songy voice) It's Fri-day, it's Fri-day. Woot Woot!  My niece learned that from her teacher and she always sings it when I wake her up on the last day of the week.  She gets very excited about Fridays because she can look forward to a few days off AND it's pizza day in the cafeteria. Pizza FTW!


It's been a very busy week with little downtime, but I did manage some time to surf the web.  I've been trying to stay off the news sites because, let's face it, this election nonsense is getting annoying. The plus side is that there is a LOT of fun and heartwarming content floating around out there and I found some of it!

Here are my favorite reads for the week.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • When they called this puppy the Ryan Gosling of dogs, I knew I had to check him out.  This is Toby, the hipster dog.
  • When the creators of a recent social experiement asked people to rate their success on a scale of one-to-ten, you probably wouldn't be surprised at how many low scores there are.  But then they asked their loved ones to rate them...
  • Jeff Friesen is a photographer who does a series called Ghost Train Crossing Canada.  The images, themselves, are beautiful, but when you find out how big the train is, you'll be stunned.
  • If you've ever had an older relative in a nursing or retirement home, you know the sad truth of how many residents never get any visitors from family or friends.  Providence Mount St. Vincent is different, housing over four hundred elderly residents...and a preschool.  Smile!
On the blogosphere:
  • I feature a lot of Jefferson Bethke's content here on the blog, but his lovely wife, Alyssa Joy, also shares what's on her heart on her blog.  Her most recent article gives some truth about finding your true calling.
  • Author Bethany Hoang recently guest posted on Ann Voskamp's blog and wrote: One Key to Walking Through Suffering.  It is a must read.
  • I am such a sucker for copycat soup recipes, so when I found Homemade Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup in the archives at Sugar Apron, you know it made my day.  Thank you, Sarah!
  • My friend, Heather, just left the states to be a missionary in Algeria.  She is sharing about her amazing journey on her blog.  Pray for her and stop by to read about her adventure!
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • This month I'm doing a 30 Day Minimalism Project and sharing my posts on Instagram.  Keep up by checking out my feed or searching the tag #ASGMinimalism.
  • On Sunday, I wrote about the things I've been up to in February in my end-of-month post, Monthly Reflections.
  • I post a few of the things from my gratitude journal every Monday, here on ASG, and this week's included some butt-kickin', some pure joy and some spring temperatures.
  • Yesterday, I featured some of my favorite Instagrammers on my second post in the In Love on Instagram series.  
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week.  I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you.  If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 50 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D