Good morning, friends. I hate to see the week end. It's been so lovely outside and as I'm writing this, the wind has just picked up, carrying in a cold front. Guess we are back to true spring weather again. Oh well, Easter will be here in a few weeks and all our daffodils and tullips and irises will be blooming with the full beauty and color of the season. I'll be sure to share some photos of it all on Instagram, so stay tuned!
Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
From around the web:
- I love when artists take an old masterpiece and recreate it with a new, modern twist. Like these old Edgar Degas paintings that have been redone featuring ballet dancer, Misty Copeland.
- Here's one that's interesting if not a little bit creepy. How about the idea that when you die, instead of being buried in a field of tombstones, you are turned into a tree?
- Cake baker, Rachel, of Intricate Icings makes some pretty stunning desserts, but one in particular is a gem.
- When a child with disabilities has a more difficult time getting around, leave it to a mama to save the day. Like Drew Ann Long who created Caroline's Cart.
On the blogosphere:
- Blogger Betsy Fick recently shared some advice from her heart on Heavens to Betsy last week. It is something both annoying and hurtful and many women are dealing with it every day.
- Dee Ann Turner of Chick-fil-A recently wrote an article for Propel Women giving some pointers about what women should do when they feel inadequate.
- Any businesswomen will know how difficult it is to find balance between work and life. Rachel May just posted an article for The Rising Tide Society giving her seven tips to keep your marriage a priority.
- If you know me well, you already know that Mexican food is my ultimate guilty pleasure, so you can imagine my delight when Becky from The Cookie Rookie shared her Skinny Baked Chicken Fajitas. Yum!
Here on A Simpler Grace:
- On Monday, I shared my weekly gratitude recap and paid a little homage to Martha Stewart.
- I shared my weight loss journey several years ago, here on ASG, and on Tuesday, I talked about my tips for giving yourself grace in your own journey.
- We had a fun pity party here on Wednesday, that included ice cream and adult coloring books - the perfect way to overcome a rough day.
- I've been following the 30 Days of Minimalism challenge and posting my images on Instagram. If you want to follow along, just search #ASGminimalism!
What are you loving from this week?
This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.