Friday, March 25, 2016

Links to Love | 53

My favorite reads from the week!

Happy Good Friday.  I hope you all have a blessed Easter weekend with your family and friends. Tomorrow, I'll be sharing a fun day-in-the-life post and giving you a peek at what goes on behind the scenes before a big family holiday.  We're doing lots of prep work and dying eggs, as well as other fun stuff, so watch for it.  


Here are my favorite reads for the week.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • Bully breed dogs have gotten such a bad rap in media in the past and I love that more and more stories are coming out showing how gentle and loving these animals can really be - like these two dog brothers and their ducks.
  • Birth photography is an up-and-coming trend in the industry and more and more families are choosing to show the raw beauty instead of just staged portraits.  Love this.  *This link does feature some graphic birth images that might be offensive to some.  Please view with caution.*
  • I wouldn't necessarily call myself a feminist, per se, but I do love this article Huffington Post put out with the 21 hashtags that changed the way we talk about feminism.
  • A photographer from Lithuania recently spent six months compiling photographs and videos of the night sky from his town and the results are breath-taking.
On the blogosphere:
  • If you're on Instagram, you've probably heard about the dreaded algorithm change coming. The Rising Tide Society shared some excellent tips on how to beat it and stay in the IG game.
  • Last week, Rachel Held Evans shared some thoughts in part four of a series on her blog about gender roles.
  • Have you ever wondered how some women get those perfectly polished top knot buns that don't move all day?  Jean from Extra Petite made a video about how she achieves this look.
  • Still looking for recipes to make for Easter dinner?  I'm making Martha Stewart's tsoureki, which is a traditional Greek Easter bread.  
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • Earlier this week, we talked about weddings and I shared some of the things I'd change if I could do my wedding over.
  • Monday brought my weekly recap in gratitude series and I shared the things I'm feeling grateful for.
  • Last Saturday, I shared my workout necessities and gave my thoughts on a new sports bra I've recently purchased.
  • I'm continuing my 30 Days of Minimalism project on Instagram.  If you haven't followed along yet, search for #ASGminimalism to see my posts!
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week.  I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you.  If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 53 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D