Monday, March 07, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 19

My weekly gratitude round up!

Good Monday to ya!  Spring is IN. THE. AIR!  We are expecting temps in the mid 70's this week and there is no one more excited about that than me.  It's going to be a busy week, so I'm jumping right in to today's post.  I hope you have a great day, friends!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Warm temps!  I am so ready for spring to be here.  How about you?
  • Audiobooks.  I know this has been on my list before, but I spent most of the weekend sick and in bed and I don't know about you, but I just don't feel like focusing enough to read words when I'm feeling yuck.  I do, however, like to be read to and that's where Audible and my local library's audiobook service, OverDrive, comes in.  I think I might have read three books and a Shakespeare play in three days.  
  • My dad.  I don't often talk about my dad here on the blog, but the man is awesome.  I love him for so many reasons, but today it is because he had a piece birch wood exactly the size I needed for my painting table.  He does custom woodworking, for those who might be wondering why he would have random pieces of wood lying around.  :)
  • An iron.  So, in order for this to make sense, I need to go back a couple of months to when I bought new bedsheets at Target.  "Wrinkle free" bedsheets, supposedly.  More like "looks like they've been wadded up at the bottom of the hamper for a month" bedsheets.  I've washed them numerous times since I bought them and the wrinkles were horrible.  I'm talking, crumpled paper bag horrible.  So, this weekend, I went all Martha Stewart on them and pulled out the iron.  Can we just acknowledge how difficult it is to iron bedsheets?  Anyway, they have, indeed, been ironed and are looking much better.  Martha Stewarts' muh girl.
  • The super-easy DIY lip scrub I made to help my poor lips.  They were dry and looking quite dull and now, not only are they smooth and super pink, but I also look like I've had some plumping done.  I'm going to share this DIY recipe on the blog soon, so stay tuned.  

What are you grateful for today?  

The post Simple Gratitude | 19 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments: