Monday, March 21, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 21

A selection of the things I'm grateful for this week!

Hello, Monday!

You know when you can just sense it's going to be a good week?  Well, this week is going to be one of those good weeks.  I've got lots on my to-do list to prep for Easter, including dying eggs with my niece, planning the final touches for our family dinner and making a new recipe for tsoureki, which is a Greek Easter bread.  


This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Encouragement from the ones nearest and dearest to me.  Y'all, I am a woman who has a lot of self-doubt sometimes.  I will think up this brilliant idea and then spend the next few hours (or days) talking myself down from the ledge and giving myself every reason why I'm not capable of making it happen.  It's only when those who truly know me and love me give me the extra little push I need, that I push the damaging self-talk away and put a plan into action.  
  • Essential oils.  On recommendation from a friend, I ordered a bottle of eucalyptus oil and have been using it for my RAD.  Let me tell you, my lungs opened up faster and are clearer than they have been in years.  This is the only time since probably my teens that I've been able to take a deep breath without it aching.  So very thankful for this stuff.
  • Germination.  This past week, I purchased some seeds to start my produce container garden and this week, I'll be starting the seeds.  I'm excited for my niece to be able to watch a tomato or a carrot grow from a tiny seed into something she can pick and eat.  Great way to get kids to eat their vegetables - let them grow their food!
  • The idea that the way you've been doing things for years might not be the best way and being able to step back to look at the bigger picture and reevaluating.  This week, I did a lot of rethinking goals and planning and how I put the ball in motion to accomplish things. Hopefully, this will lead to more productivity down the road.
  • My baby sister.  She's the youngest of the three of us girls and the third child out of our eight and she celebrated a birthday this weekend.  I've been able to spend so much time with her over the last year and we've grown so close.  I'm so lucky to have grown up with one of my best friends.

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 21 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter week! Sounds like you're going to have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter week to you too, Chelsea! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete