Monday, March 28, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 22

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful
Good morning.  I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend and your week is off to a great start.  

This weekend was a bittersweet one for me, but I got to spend a lot of time with my family and that is worth more than gold.  I am so thankful we all live pretty close to each other again and can gather for holidays and enjoy each other's company.


This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My sweet grandmother-in-law, Helen.  This amazing woman passed from this world to the next on Sunday and I am so very grateful to have known her and had the privilege to call her family. She played a huge part in raising my ex-husband and was so dear to me.  She will be missed.
  • The life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, providing eternal life for all who seek it.  It is the reason we celebrate Easter.  I am so thankful for this ultimate sacrifice.
  • Yoga.  When I wake up in pain or feeling off-balance, a good yoga flow is all I need to re-center me and lift my spirits.  It was one of the best habits I set for myself years ago and I don't know where I'd be today without it.
  • Forgiveness.  One thing I have noticed in my life is that if you hold on to strife and grudge, it usually ends up hurting only you.  There is a quiet truth to being the bigger person and forgiving, even when it might not be deserved.  One day, the same grace will be given you when you are the one who needs forgiving.
  • Family time.  As I said above, I got to spend the holiday with the fam and it was such a sweet time with lots of amazing food and laughs.  I'm lucky to share blood with some of my very best friends in the world.

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 22 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D