Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The 30 Day Minimalism Project

The 30 Day Minimalism Project - A Simpler Grace

Today, I completed something big and that is the 30 Days of Minimalism project.  This is something that has been on my to-do list for such a long time and when I sat down at the end of last month, I really wanted to get started on tackling it.  I made it a goal for the month of March and this is one goal checked off!

I can't take credit for coming up with the idea of doing 30 days of minimalism.  I stumbled upon it a few years ago on Pinterest and loved the idea.  For those unfamiliar, it's thirty days of daily tasks to slowly help you minimize your possessions, routines and even thoughts as you go through the month.

Having completed the project in full, I can tell you that my life feels a lot less cluttered and "noisy" and I'm so thankful for all the self-reflection I was able to do.  One thing I loved about it was that it helped me learn what was truly important to me in life.  I reconsidered some of my priorities and reconfirmed a few others.

Something I would change about this challenge is that it's only thirty days long!  I wish there was a part two with thirty more days of minimalism prompts so I could dig even deeper into my life. Overall, it was a fun and enlightening project to complete and it checks off #35 on my 101 in 1001 list!

Here are some of the images I shared to Instagram regarding this project.  To see the full reel, check out #ASGminimalism.
Have you ever done a project like this before?  Is it something you'd consider trying?

The post The 30 Day Minimalism Project first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love 30 day projects like this! I haven't tried the minimalism challenge yet, but it's definitely on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was probably the best challenge I've ever done. I learned so much about what is really important to me with these thirty little tasks. You should definitely try it, Emma!

    ReplyDelete