Monday, April 04, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 23

A weekly series focusing on practicing gratitude.

Good morning and happy Monday.  

The past week has been stuffed with one stressful thing after another.  I shared in last week's post that my grandmother passed.  Her memorial service was Thursday.  We wake up on Friday morning and learn that her granddaughter (the woman who was raised with my ex-husband and like a sister to him) passed away unexpectedly.  This was clearly more than my body was ready to handle and I ended up paying the local emergency room a visit on Saturday night.  One thing I keep reminding myself is that God allows us to go through these difficult times so we lean closer to and rely on Him.  When it feels like life's too much for one person (or in this case, one family) to handle, only He can see us through.


This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My "sister-in-law" Heather.  She had such a beautiful spirit and was always the one who would come say hello and offer a hug whenever I saw her.  It seemed like nothing could get this girl down.  She really was the glue that held her family together and she will be missed dearly.
  • Blog tweaks.  I'm changing a few minor things up around here - more like doing some spring cleaning - and updating a few pages.  Also, I've (FINALLY) switched from the standard Google email update to a custom designed newsletter, so if you aren't subscribed, click here to do so!
  • Hospital wi-fi and audiobooks.  When I was in the ER on Saturday night, they were crazy busy with some very serious cases.  Since I was just there to get fluids and a high-powered steroid injection, I wasn't a priority case.  Thank goodness for audiobooks, though!  What should have been an hour-long visit, turned into a six-hour ordeal, alone in a hospital room with only my literature to keep me company.
  • My new sweet mint plant that I purchased last week.  Although I haven't had time to plant it yet, I hope to put this baby in its new home tomorrow and start using the leaves in teas and some baking.
  • Yoga.  I've  been doing yoga every morning for the last week (for a two-month yoga challenge) and love how I feel afterwards.  I choose the intensity of my workout based on what I need for the day, sometimes picking more strength-building routines when I need a pick-me-up and a more calming flow when I need to relax and rejuvenate.  I'm looking forward to what my body looks (and feels) like at the end of these two months!

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 23 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D