Good morning, friends. After a little hiatus away from the blog last week to allow myself to return to health after not one, but two episodes of a very nasty bug going around, I'm back to start off the week with the things I'm grateful for.
It was a cold, blustery weekend, but we are expecting near-summer temps later this week and I couldn't be more excited. The weather in April is so volatile. You never know what you're going to get. As I write this post, the wind is howling and it's pouring outside. Hope that means lots of beautiful May flowers...
This week, I'm grateful for:
- My dad. America's #1 hardest-working guy had a birthday last week but couldn't celebrate because he was in bed with the same bug that had me down all week. Luckily, most of the family were able to get together on Sunday for his party. We cooked out on the grill, sang 'happy birthday' and had cake and enjoyed each other's company. My dad has always gone above and beyond to take care of his family and he really deserves a whole month dedicated to him. Happy birthday, dad!
- Prescription medication. As I mentioned earlier, we got knocked down with the yucks last week and I was "lucky" enough to have to pay the local emergency room a visit, TWICE. Thank God for good doctors and medication that could be administered to make me feel a little better so I could overcome the germs.
- MailChimp. I know, this is a weird thing to be grateful for, but I recently changed up the email newsletter for this little blog and it looks so much more professional and fitting to my brand than the old format. It took a couple of test runs, but overall, I'm very pleased with the service.
- Finding old favorite products you thought had been discontinued. You all know I'm a candle queen and I love my masculine scents, so when I couldn't find the Mahogany Driftwood candles anymore at Wally-world, I was bummed out. Then, one day last weekend, I just happened to go into the air freshener aisle to pick up some spray and lo' and behold, there was my candle! Totally not in the aisle with the other candles but with the Febreeze. Go figure. I'm just thrilled to know I can still get it. I smell a stock-up trip soon...
- Reasons to smile. Without going into much detail about this yet, I just want to say that I have many reasons to smile this week and hope for more in the near future. :)
What are you grateful for today?