Monday, April 25, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 26

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful


One thing is for certain - the days and weeks are starting to fly by, as they typically do once the weather gets warmer and I get busier.  Where is that darn pause button?

I am bound and determined to enjoy this spring and summer as much as I can.  Last year, I had a lot of nonsense and stress on my plate but this year, I will be taking a day at a time and trying to live in the moment more... starting right now!

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Sleeping in.  I didn't have any huge plans for the weekend so I had the unusual luxury of getting to sleep in and my, it was so nice.
  • My journaling Bible.  I've cracked open my brand-spanking-new journaling Bible and am choosing my first passage to work on.  I'm so excited but also scared.  How many of you fellow journalers have been afraid of screwing up the very first page??
  • That one special person who can text you at 6 a.m., 2 p.m. or midnight and always makes you smile.  I am a happy girl.
  • My little container garden.  I have big sprouts coming up and am so excited to start seeing what the next few weeks will bring in my pots.  I have basil, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, green beans, squash, zucchini and sweet mint growing well and hopefully by early summer, we'll have some produce to harvest!
  • Quiet (and warm) evenings on the front porch.  This is one of my favorite times of year to sit on the front porch, listening to nature and thinking about life.  

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 26 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

20 comments:

  1. Love your grateful's! Especially the sleeping in...I don't get to do that very often these day's. A container garden also sounds like a lot of fun! We grow tons of basil ever year in ur back yard, it's so much fun! Thanks for sharing!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally afraid of Bible journaling, because I am pretty sure I will mess it up! You'll have to post progress on how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Savannah, I feel you! I nanny for my niece and nephew during the week and they are both early risers, so sleeping in is a luxury for me! I love the smell of fresh basil and bet your yard smells wonderful. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Callie, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way! I don't know if you are familiar with a blogger by the name of Bailey Jean from Brave Love Blog (@lovebaileyjean on Instagram) but she does amazing Bible journaling and has been a huge inspiration to me. If you are planning on starting soon, check her out and get some ideas! Thanks for coming by to read and comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thankful for warmth and sunshine, and that after 5 years our adoption is FINALLY FINAL in both countries!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to warmth and sunshine! After the 4+ feet of snow we got over the winter, I have been so ready for some heat. And yay for your adoption! Do you write about it on your blog? I have a soft spot for adoption and love reading stories from families who have adopted or are in the process. Thanks for stopping by to say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mentioned it in some of my blog posts (www.hidingthyword.com) which is weekly devotionals with a little historical/Biblical fiction thrown in. And I wrote about the waiting process at bringinghomecherish.blogspot.com (however the end is not completed as I switched to a private fb group when we went to pick her up!

      Delete
  7. Joyce LewandowskiApril 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM

    Quiet evenings on the porch.... ahhh. I am thankful for my soulmate, my 2 rescue kitties, and my new found family here!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great things to be grateful for, Joyce. I rescue kitties too, so they always have a special place in my heart. Thanks for coming by and saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen to sleeping, your soul mate, and a journaling Bible. I'm also grateful for cold treats on hot Arizona days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooke - yes to cold treats! I bet you guys are sweltering out there already. Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the mornings when I can just sleep in and have nowhere to be.

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful post! Sleeping in is definitely always a welcomed luxury!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those kind of mornings are the best! Thanks for coming by to say hello today, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this! I've been focusing a lot on gratitude lately, and it's so important in keeping my life in perspective! today I'm grateful for: completing 1/2 of my college final exams, the rainstorm we had last night, and lemon water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura, yes I understand you can't share a lot of details until you can pick the child up. I'm so excited for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for completing finals and lemon water and I LOVE rainstorms. Thanks for stopping by today, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sleeping in is one of my favorite things, too. For four days I got to sleep in next to my hubby which was incredible. Usually he's up by 4 a.m. but he took time off work and we just enjoyed being with each other. We enjoyed day dates and talking about our dreams. I'm grateful for that time spent together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, getting extra hubby time is ALWAYS a good thing. Thanks for coming by today Leslie!

    ReplyDelete