Friday, May 06, 2016

Links to Love | 57

Links to Love | 57 - A Simpler Grace -  A post featuring my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites


Sweet, sweet Friday, we meet again.  

Friends, have you ever found yourself in a season where you think you know where you are going, then something happens and you realize you have no idea? I feel like I am starting one of those seasons right now. This change has left me feeling like I'm blindfolded and have just spun in circles in a game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. 

My immediate plans are to take the weekend off, completely unplug from all technology, and just live in the moment to try to feel out what my next steps should be. I plan to do a lot of reading and thinking and praying and hopefully, regain my balance. More on this later.

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • Have you ever wondered where we would be without technology? Here is a glimpse of what life could look like if we just looked up.
  • We've all shopped at Ikea at one time or another. They offer inexpensive yet sturdy furniture that can sometimes make your home look like a college dorm room. Here are some great tips from BuzzFeed to dress up your Ikea buys.
  • These days, it's easy to hide behind our computer screens and toss our two cents into the pot about any given topic, but nobody really likes signing on Facebook and reading a ten-paragraph rant from your old college classmate. Here are four questions to ask yourself to keep your rant a little more positive.
  • Have you ever been ready to make the jump to fulfilling one of your dreams and then talked yourself out of it? I do it ALL. THE. TIME. Here are 7 beliefs that are killing your dreams.
On the blogosphere:
  • Fashion and Lifestyle vlogger, Estée Lalonde, is a magazine addict like I am, so when she put out this post, I was in heaven.
  • Carolyn Steber wrote a post this week for Bustle about 15 ways to slow down a hectic life and I'm a big believer in #12 and #15.  I'm also doing #6 this weekend. Will you join me?
  • Tomorrow is the famed Kentucky Derby and I'm sure we'll all be wearing our white gloves and big hats and drinking mint juleps. Erin from The Speckled Palate just shared a twist on the traditional drink and it's sure to win the Triple Crown. Plus, the glasses she serves them in are adorable, so check it out!
  • Sunday is Mother's Day and although most might not think about it, this day is very tough for women who aren't able to have children. Here are Jen Weaver's thoughts for the childless on Mother's Day.
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • For anyone who feels like you might not be enough, here's a little encouragement I shared on the blog on Wednesday.
  • On Monday, I listed a few notes from my gratitude journal and talked about something I love but never get enough of - a quiet weekend.
  • At the beginning of every month, I share my blog and life goals and review the ones from the previous month. Come check out which ones I checked off last month and what I need to work harder on.
  • Last Saturday, I gave the run down on what I've currently been up to in my monthly taking stock post. You can also get a sneak peek at what goes on behind-the-scenes on Instagram.
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 57 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a slow morning so I'm loving taking a break to read these!

    ReplyDelete