Friday, May 13, 2016

Links to Love | 58

Links to Love | 58 - A Simpler Grace - A post featuring my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites



Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but I have felt like it's been Friday the 13th and a full moon for like, a week now. It's been nothing but craziness and crazy people, NON-STOP. Hopefully, it will end soon, but for now, I'm sharing some interesting articles to keep you occupied over the weekend.

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • Welp... Today is Friday the 13th AND a full moon - not to mention the fact that we have five planets in retrograde right now. If you even a teeny bit superstitious, you should probably read this article about the history of this doomed day.
  • Unless you've been living under a rock the last few weeks, you have probably seen the #runningmanchallenge on Instagram, Twitter, Vine and numerous other sites. Started by two high school boys and made popular by two University of Maryland players, this viral dance phenomenon is the "Harlem Shake" of 2016.
  • I love when photographers use technology to make their images a little more interesting. Eric ParĂ© uses a technique called "light painting" to create some pretty amazing photos.
  • Have you ever wondered who is in charge of keeping time? Dr. Judah Levine's title is the "time lord" and he shares how he keeps time standardized using the atomic clock.
On the blogosphere:
  • Ann Voskamp always seems to hit the nail on the head - especially with this one: how to deal with the constant reminders of past failures.
  • Writer, pastor and international speaker, Elyse Murphy, recently wrote an article for Propel Women about the struggle of dating as a Christian woman.
  • Anyone planning a wedding knows the most important thing (other than good food and good photography) is having a good playlist. Dacy Knight just wrote a lifestyle post for the Bustle blog called 27 Unconventional Wedding Songs for Unconventional Couples and I L.O.V.E. it!
  • While we're on the subject of relationships, why don't we get a male point-of-view. Marckens from Seriously, Maybe shared his top 10 first date ideas - and dinner and a movie aren't on the list!
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • Looking for some new recipes to use for your summertime cookouts?  Yesterday, I shared 60 Memorial Day recipe ideas from some of my favorite food bloggers on the web.  They take away the boring burgers and hot dogs and give you lots of different and delicious options.
  • On Tuesday, I gave you a peek at the fitness routines I'm been doing to stay on track with my #60daysofyoga challenge.
  • I gave you a look inside my gratitude journal on Monday by sharing the highlights from my week and talked about what I was feeling thankful for.
  • I got the cutest little journal from a publisher over the weekend and I bragged on it a little here on the blog.  It looks like an ice cream sandwich and it's perfect to do brain dumps every night.
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week.  I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you.  If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 58 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D