Monday, May 09, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 28

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful


When life gives you dandelions... Make a wish, right?

Dandelions aren't the prettiest of the flowers or weeds in nature, but they sure do hold some special memories in my life. I can remember picking them as a kid, closing my eyes to make a wish and blowing all the little seeds into the wind, hoping my wish would be granted. I can't say how many of my childhood wishes came true, but I can attest to the magical feeling I still get when I see these little stems growing in the yard. If life were only as simple as closing your eyes and making a wish on a flower...

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • Unplugging for a weekend. I spent most of the weekend away from my phone and laptop and instead reflecting on some big decisions I need to make over the next few weeks. I still don't have all my answers yet, but hopefully, they will become apparent throughout the month.
  • Sunshine! We finally had a few (partially) sunny days and even though it was chilly, it was still nice to lose the rain for a bit. One good thing about the rain is that we are cutting down on our risk of brush fires up in these mountains, which is always a scary thing this time of year.
  • Organic fruit and vegetables. I'm so thankful to live close to farms and grocery stores that sell fresh, organic produce. As soon as spring hits, I'm craving nothing but steamed veggies and lots of fresh fruit and it's nice to have access to both whenever I want them. Many people don't have that luxury.
  • Periscope. I've connected with some amazing people on this new (to me) app and it has been so fun making some new friends. I'm not broadcasting anything yet, but I do love watching what others have to share. If you want to connect. you can find me here.
  • Some fun collaborations coming up on the blog. I'm supporting three amazing bloggers this month (Kayla, Adriana, and Robyn) and have a few other special projects in the works.  I LOVE getting to know other women in this blogging community and am a firm believer that the best way to build blogging relationships is to support one another!  Stay tuned for some fun things to come!

What are you grateful for today? 

The post Simple Gratitude | 28 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments: