The weekend was a dreary and cold one, but I feel like I managed to get a lot of work done. I did some photography work and got some writing done and also had time to connect with some very special people in my life. All in all, it was a good weekend and I'm one happy girl. I hope your Monday is lovely!
This week, I'm grateful for:
- Faith. Sometimes it's nice when someone has a little faith in you and what you're capable of. I'm thankful for those who have faith in me.
- Hugs from my nephew. That little guy is such a lovebug and he gives great big bear hugs every night before he goes to bed. I hope he never grows out of that.
- Berries. I've found some amazing strawberries and blueberries at the grocery lately. They are so sweet and juicy and we're not even in berry season yet. Can't wait for the next few months when the fruit selection will be more plentiful.
- Deep breathing. This might sound ridiculous, but I have to remind myself to breathe sometimes. Even after all the yoga and meditation I've done, I still catch myself holding my breath when I get upset or nervous about things. I've been scheduling time to stretch out on the floor and focus on my breathing and it's done wonders for my stress level.
- Two ponies named Homeboykris and Pramedya. Without getting into the politics of horse racing and why I don't like it, I was so very sad to hear of these two animals losing their lives this weekend at Preakness. Horses are majestic creatures and I grew up around them and love them. I am thankful for these two animals and the beauty and grace they brought to our world while they were present in it.
What are you grateful for today?