Monday, May 30, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 31

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful



Happy Memorial Day, to those of you in the U.S. and happy Monday to those who are not.

I don't know about you, but I cannot believe we are through the first unofficial weekend of summer. It seems like just yesterday, last summer was ending and we were speeding toward the holidays. The winter felt like it would never end, yet here we are, staring summer down once again. Where does the time go? This week, in an attempt to slow time down a bit, I'm going to try to look around me and see the little things I've been missing. I want to find the beauty in everything and savor it.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • The many men and women, both military and civilian, who gave their lives for this great country. I don't know where we would be without their sacrifice, but I know we wouldn't have many of the freedoms we do now, had it not been for them.
  • Our little swimmin' hole. Thanks to my brother and brother-in-law, the pool is ready to go for the season. It's a bit cold right now, but I can't wait for the water to warm up a bit so I can dive in. For now, I'm spending the sunny days on the deck and doing some reading.
  • The generosity of publishing houses. I'm feeling very excited and also a little overwhelmed right now. Over the last five days, I've gotten notifications from several publishers I work with that I have TWENTY new books to read and review in June. Yikes! Better get reading...
  • Great connections made in strange ways. Have you ever done something that is so out of character for you, and in doing so, met someone really great? I did just that recently and made a cool new friend within my industry. We would not have connected otherwise and I'm really thankful that, by some twist of fate, we did.
  • Periscope. Y'all, I follow some pretty random people on this app. I've come to realize there are three different kinds of scopes I like to watch: creatives (planner people and Bible journalers), storm chasers (meaning, tornado chasers) and astronomy geeks (people who scope through a telescope, the moon, stars, and planets). I stayed awake late into the night this weekend, indulging in one of my major guilty pleasures - watching tornado coverage live - and it was thrilling. This is the extent of the excitement in my life, folks. 

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 31 first appeared on A Simpler Grace.  If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D