Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Hello June | Goals

Hello June | Goals - A Simpler Grace - A monthly series tracking the goals I've set both in my personal and blogging life.
So, I read an article recently that talked about how June is the official fresh-start month. In other words, for those people who haven't done so well on their new year's goals or resolutions, they can start over again in June and get another shot in the second half of the year. I am officially claiming this idea as my own and doing it this month! Here we go.

My goals for May. Let's see how I did...
  • Eat clean and gluten-free 80% of the time in May Yes! I managed to eat healthy most of the month and it has encouraged me to take things a step further this month. See below for more details on that...
  • Handwrite one note or card for a friend Did this. A sweet friend was having a tough time a few week's back, so I sent her a little handwritten note to cheer her up.
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month Done. All-in-all, I wrote twenty-one posts in May, one of the highest volume months yet!
  • Complete the scarf I'm knitting Not so much. My month was filled up with a lot of extra stuff, so I didn't get a chance to tackle the scarf. I'm going to give it one more shot in June before I put the project on hold for later this year.
  • Do yoga every day for a month I had some health issues over the last few weeks that left me feeling drained and exhausted. Early in the month, I decided to can the yoga challenge. This is restarting in June.
  • Devote two hours a week to something creative I did a lot of photography and editing in May. I'm trying out some new photo apps and new editing techniques to try to hone in on my personal editing style. I know what I like and what I don't like and it's just a matter of finding the best way to get there.
  • Read eight books from my reading challenges Although it was a very busy month for me, I did manage to read eight books in May. Most of them were audiobooks, but a few were on my Kindle. giving me a grand total of 58 books read for the year so far!
  • Complete the May section from my Bible-in-a-year plan Complete. On to June!
  • Work on my non-fiction book  I did not touch this project all month long. I'm working through some development issues with the draft and will revisit the work when I have those decisions nailed down.
  • Try a new recipe from Pinterest I cooked several things, but none of them were new recipes. I will try this again.
  • Go strawberry picking at a local farm  Sadly, it rained every weekend (and most weekdays) in May, leaving this goal incomplete. Depending on the weather in early June, we might check the pick-your-own schedules and go for some blue or blackberries.
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest I read way more than sixty but didn't keep track. My Pinterest boards are slowly becoming more organized.
  • Devote more time to helping my mother's planner accessory business grow I put a WHOLE LOT of time into taking product photos, uploading listings to Etsy, writing blog posts and sharing on social media this month and it paid off. My mom worked on her first custom order and got a lot of buzz from the completed pieces!
  • Complete three Bible journaling entries I did not get time to pull out my journaling supplies and get some entries done, but I'll definitely be making this a priority this month.
  • Finish the blog tweaks I've planned I'm calling this one partially-completed. I got some big projects done but still have a few more to complete. One resource I have been using this month is the Refresh Your Blog e-course from Chelsie at Hey There, Chelsie. She shares some tips that I hadn't even considered and it's been a huge help.
And my goals for June...
  • Complete the Whole30 program (yikes!)
  • Handwrite one note or card for a friend
  • Stick to my editorial calendar for the month
  • Complete the scarf I'm knitting
  • Do yoga every day for the month
  • Devote two hours a week to something creative
  • Read eight books from my reading challenges
  • Complete the June section from my Bible-in-a-year plan
  • Develop three recipes for a cookbook draft
  • Try a new craft or DIY project from Pinterest
  • Do family portraits for my sister and kids
  • Read sixty articles I've pinned on Pinterest (just two a day!)
  • Complete five Bible journaling entries (one a week)
  • Finish the blog tweaks I've planned
What goals did you set for yourself this month? 

The post Hello June | Goals first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. girl youre list is SO GOOD and rich and i'm proud of all your conquering of goals! so thrilled to cheer you on again this month... as for me: this month, I want to be dedicated to bible study. i want to find a way to make it a time i look forward to. i want to create it into something that gives me joy and that reaps abundance in my daily life... and so, that's a (not so) minor task. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaasss! Bible study is always something on my priority list but sometimes, it does feel like a chore and I'd like to change that. I've recently started Bible journaling and that is helping with the process. Amber, thank you so much for coming by to read this and for leaving your sweet comment! <3

    ReplyDelete