Friday, June 24, 2016

Links to Love | 61

A post featuring my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites - Links to Love | 61 - A Simpler Grace



There are a lot of interesting articles floating around the interwebs lately and I managed to get my hands on a few of them. I plan on reading a lot more this weekend, as well as getting in some time by the pool and taking my camera out for a walk or two. What are your plans for the weekend?

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • Is there anything more magical than tiny insects brought to life like a real fairy tale? Photographer Katarzyna Zalunza made these little snails look enchanting.
  • I like to call myself a minimalist, but I'm still quite far from truly being one. I have a lot to learn yet and these 10 things minimalists don't do are an excellent starting point.
  • Saving trees instead of destroying them while you're in the process of building a home? That is a novel idea and Architect Aibek Almassov designed this one.
  • What if someone told you to stand in front of a loved one and look into their eyes for a full four minutes? We see these people every day, yet we are so disconnected. Watch what happens.
On the blogosphere:
  • It's almost peach season and Jaclyn from Cooking Classy has shared her delectable recipe for peach cobbler. Be prepared for your mouth to water when you click this link.
  • There is a whole lot of bad and hurt in the world right now and Ann Voskamp recently wrote an article about when the world wonders where God is. This is so spot on and worth the read.
  • I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but my beautiful succulents that had been doing so well, have crossed over to another pot. (ie. they died) Luckily, Daisy from Simplicity Relished shared some tips for not killing your succulents and she's given me the encouragement to try again. To be continued...
  • Looking for some summer reads to pick up for your beach trip? Daryl Lindsey wrote an article for The Everygirl about the perfect 2016 summer reading list and there are some good ones on it.
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • Wednesday, I started a new series and shared some good conversation over a coffee date. What are your favorite topics to talk about when you have coffee with a friend?
  • On Monday, I showed you a peek into my daily gratitude journal and shared the highlights of my week.
  • I'm scaling down the frequency of my posts during the summer (because, vacations!) but just because it might be a little quieter around here doesn't mean I've gone into hiding. Catch up with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram where I'll be sharing some great stuff you won't want to miss!
  • Speaking of social media, I've recently joined the admin team for the Authentic Bloggers Facebook group and I'm co-managing their Instagram account! If you are looking for a great group of bloggers to connect with and lots of opportunities to share your content and find some new favorite blogs to follow, come by and join us! P.S. We have an awesome photo-a-day photo challenge starting on July 1st and it's open to everyone. We'd love to have you participate!
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 61 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D