Monday, June 20, 2016

Simple Gratitude | 34

Today I'm sharing my #gratefulheart on the blog #gratitude #feelingthankful





Good morning!

Well, it's been a whole week since I've been on the blog and I spent the time away working on some projects and tying up some loose ends. I had a great weekend spent with family and friends, celebrating my father and cooking out and swimming and it was so relaxing, but I'm glad to be back in the groove of things and happy to start off this Monday with open windows and a cup of tea.

This week, I'm grateful for:
  • My dad. He has done so much for my family but means so much more to us. The man goes above and beyond and has always worked so hard and it was nice to see him get to relax this weekend and enjoy all his kids around him.
  • Cool mornings. We are in the middle of June and the mornings are still quite cool. It's been a dream to be able to open the windows and start each day with some fresh air and chirping birds before the heat of the day settles upon us.
  • New opportunities. Last week, I was offered an opportunity to join the admin team for the #AuthenticBloggers group and co-manage their Instagram account. I am thrilled to be branching out and have a chance to connect with new bloggers and, I must admit, I'm excited to work with my co-manager, who seems like a great gal!
  • After-sun lotion. I spent a little time (no more than an hour or two) outside yesterday and I got SO. MUCH. SUN! This morning, my skin is feeling a little dry and tender and I've never been more glad to have some soothing lotion with aloe to cool me down.
  • A light at the end of the tunnel. The past year and a half have been a roller coaster of ups and downs with the separation from my ex, the impending divorce, and life after ending our marriage. I am happy to say that I can finally see the light at the end of this dimly-lit tunnel and that chapter should be over soon. I am also grateful that I have such a great guy by my side who has shown me love, understanding, and patience over the last year. I look forward to what the future brings.

What are you grateful for today?

The post Simple Gratitude | 34 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D