Sunday, July 17, 2016

II Corinthians 5:17 | Bible Journaling

II Corinthians 5:17 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith
I did a little Bible journaling over the weekend after being so hesitant to get started for fear of "messing up". After speaking with several women who journal on a regular basis, they really encouraged me to jump in and embrace the process of starting and growing in my journey.
So, on that note, I am excited to share only my second ever Bible journaling entry. The passage I chose for this entry:

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."  - II Corinthians 5:17 (ESV)

This verse reminds me of the metamorphosis of a caterpillar building its cocoon and emerging a butterfly - a new, beautiful creature. I feel that over the last year and a half, I have gone through a similar process, both here on the blog and in my personal life.

II Corinthians 5:17 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith
II Corinthians 5:17 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith
II Corinthians 5:17 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith
II Corinthians 5:17 | Bible Journaling - A Simpler Grace #illustratedfaith
Thanks for stopping in this morning. I hope you enjoyed seeing my process for this Bible passage. Let me know in the comments below if you have ever tried Bible journaling. What are your favorite methods? 

The post II Corinthians 5:17 | Bible Journaling first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

2 comments:

  1. I have always had a thing for butterflies so I love your beautiful craft so, so much. They are so lovely! And a perfect verse to go with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! I also love butterflies and thought this verse was perfect to use them in. :)

    ReplyDelete