Saturday, July 09, 2016

Five Cookbooks to Own This Summer

Five Cookbooks to Own This Summer - A Simpler Grace
One of my favorite things about summertime is cooking healthy and delicious meals with fresh seasonal ingredients. Over the years, I've collected quite a few cookbooks that inspire me in the various seasons and I wanted to share with you, my favorites for summertime.
Usually, in the summer, you are on-the-go and don't have time to spend hours in the kitchen, but you still want to serve your family fabulous meals that didn't come out of a box or take-out container. These five cookbooks will help you whip up dinner in no time but feel good about what you are feeding your tribe. By the way, I wasn't sponsored to write this post - I just wanted to share these great resources with you.

Eating in the Middle by Andie Mitchell

What is amazing about Andie is that she's lost a tremendous amount of weight, so if there is one thing she knows, it's eating healthy. Her cookbook features simple and healthy recipes you will want to make again and again. (See my full review here)

Five Cookbooks to Own This Summer - A Simpler Grace


Barefoot Contessa At Home by Ina Garten

Ina Garten is the expert on making elegant dishes, simple and she does entertaining like no other. If you want fancy meals to serve for a dinner party but don't want to stress over complicated recipes, this is your book.

Five Cookbooks to Own This Summer - A Simpler Grace


Happy Cooking by Giada de Laurentiis

Giada is known as the Italian queen but branched out when writing this cookbook, creating delicious recipes that any home cook can master. If you want simple meals that are always tasty, pick up Happy Cooking. (See my full review here)

Five Cookbooks to Own This Summer - A Simpler Grace


Lighten Up Y'all by Virginia Willis

Typically, when you hear "southern recipes", you think heavy and fattening, but Virginia has changed the stereotype with this book. Whether you are in the mood for something spicy like her jambalaya or a sweet treat, you can enjoy them without feeling guilty. (See my full review here)

Five Cookbooks to Own This Summer - A Simpler Grace


Tyler's Ultimate by Tyler Florence

Tyler is a man's man in the kitchen and I first fell in love with him after making his famous crab cakes. In this book, he shares some of the favorite recipes from his Food Network television show by the same name. If you want to make amazing, restaurant-quality dishes that everyone will love, you need Tyler's Ultimate.

Five Cookbooks to Own This Summer - A Simpler Grace






These five cookbooks are my go-to's for summertime cooking and I have not been disappointed yet. Year after year, I find myself choosing them over any others.

What are your favorite summertime cookbooks?

The post Five Cookbooks to Own This Summer first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of a lot of these, so I'm excited to check them out! Thanks for sharing!

    Dana
    http://www.somethinggoodblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventures with BriJuly 11, 2016 at 8:15 PM

    These cookbooks look great! I'll have to go check them out! Thanks for the suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Lighten Up Y'all in stores a few times and it looks so yummy. I really want to pick up a copy of Chrissy Teigen's cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen Chrissy Teigen's book and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have heard of a few of these!I am always just worried I will buy another cook book and never use it instead of pinterest! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get that! For me, Pinterest is a good place to store recipes, but unless I print out a recipe I want to make and have a visual reminder, it won't ever get made. I like cookbooks because I make notes in the margins about the little tweaks I've made to accommodate for dietary restrictions or other things. And... they're really pretty to look at. :) Thanks for coming by to read today, Tahnee!

    ReplyDelete