Friday, July 01, 2016

Links to Love | 62

A post featuring my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites - Links to Love | 62 - A Simpler Grace

Happy July, everyone! I hope you all are enjoying a lovely long weekend. I know I am! Even though it's a holiday weekend, I still did plenty of web surfing and reading over the week and have some great articles to share with you. Are you doing anything fun for the 4th?

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • The elephant is my spirit animal. For being such large animals, they are so gentle and loving and make connections that last a lifetime. Like Shirley and Jenny - two elephants that are reunited after more than twenty years apart. (you'll need tissues for this one)
  • Nobody ever wants to change their partner or spouse. Except, there are eleven times when it might be okay to.
  • I used to be a wedding photographer and it's not as glamorous a job as the bridal magazines make it out to be. Here are 15 photos that prove just how crazy you have to be in the profession.
  • People usually don't think too much about what their pets can teach them, but there are some surprising life lessons that can be learned from your little fuzzies. Like these from Darling Magazine.
On the blogosphere:
  • For those days you feel like you have to do it all, be it all and conquer it all, Lara Casey shares that it is okay to be average.
  • Perhaps you didn't know, but I used to be in the business of wedding favors. Yes! I made custom chocolate favors for nuptials, so I love to see what other couples do for their big day. Like these 39 Edible Favors from Martha Stewart's wedding blog.
  • In case you're looking for a last minute treat for the 4th, check out these Red, White and Blue Berry Popsicles from According to Laura Jean.
  • This one is for all you bookaholics out there. Rachel Held Evans shared just last week, her picks for best faith-themed reads for the summer and there are some great books on the list!
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • Yesterday, I shared my monthly wrap-up and gave you a peek at what I've been up to in June.
  • On Wednesday, I reviewed the new book Un-Ashamed and shared an opportunity for one lucky winner to receive a copy of their own.
  • Monday brought another installment of my weekly gratitude series and this one was dedicated to my home state.
  • Last week, I shared a new kind of post - a coffee date - and it will be come a monthly series here on the blog. What would we talk about if we met for coffee?
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 62 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D