Friday, July 15, 2016

Links to Love | 64

 A post featuring my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites - Links to Love | 64 - A Simpler Grace



Good morning and happy Friday! It's been a super busy week around here and I have a lot to share. The weekend and coming week will be just as busy and I have lots of fun stuff planned just around the corner. What are your plans this weekend? I'm hoping to get some pool time in because it's going to be so hot here!

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • You guys know I'm a sucker for a good animal story so this woman who spends her time reuniting veterans with their retired service dogs really made my day.
  • Remember the Japanese tsunami back in March of 2011 and the subsequent nuclear disaster in Fukushima? The exclusion area has been closed to outsiders since then, but photographer Keow Wee Loong snuck in captured images of a town frozen in time.
  • If you have ever lived in a large city, you likely know how boring it is to wait around for the next subway train to arrive, but what if someone offered you a date while you wait?
  • Have you ever wondered why the standard work day in America is eight hours? Forbes magazine contributor Travis Bradberry recently shared an article explaining how that started and why it doesn't always work best.
On the blogosphere:
  • There's been a lot of discussion about race and racism in this country (and abroad) recently, but no one has talked about it like Jefferson Bethke as he shares his perspective.
  • Two years ago, this week, Carlos Whittaker wrote an open letter to Colbie Caillat and thanked her for what she had done for his daughters. It's still a winner in my book.
  • Ann Voskamp recently shared an article encouraging girls to stop letting men, magazines, and the media from deciding if they are beautiful and it is such an empowering read.
  • If your cookout is rained out and you are looking for something to do with your chicken, you simply must check out this skillet honey-lime chicken recipe from Jaclyn and Cooking Classy.
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • Wednesday, I introduced you to the four Instagram accounts I am in love with this summer and think you should be following. These are amazing creatives and you should check them out.
  • I sat down with you on Tuesday and chatted about creative passions and I shared my simple steps to find out what yours are so you can begin to cultivate them.
  • I reviewed the week's highlights from my gratitude journal on Monday and we talked about looking at people for their individuality instead of the labels we put on them.
  • Last Saturday, I showed you the five cookbooks I find myself running to all summer long and told you why you need to own them.
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.

The post Links to Love | 64 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D