Friday, July 22, 2016

Links to Love | 65

A post featuring my favorite reads from the week.  #linkstolove #fridayfavorites - Links to Love | 65 - A Simpler Grace



Good morning, friends! It's been a really busy week and, even though I know I should take some time to relax, I've packed my weekend with work and busy-ness. I may or may not be working on a new recipe that might make an appearance on the blog soon and am working on typing up some loose ends in the book world too. What are you plans for the weekend? 

Here are my favorite reads for the week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

From around the web:
  • I'm always empathetic to sick kids in hospitals, the ones who have to stay there for extended periods of time, but this one construction worker is trying to make their stay a little more entertaining. (featured photo credit: Jason Haney/Beacon Health)
  • When a fourteen-year-old speaks more truth than most politicians these days... "I get that change can be scary, but equality shouldn't be." Preach on, white boy.
  • We all want to be successful in life and work, so when I found LaRae Quy's article about the 9 things successful women never do, I knew it was a must-read. (featured photo credit: Predrag Vuckovic)
  • It's Prince George's third birthday (can you believe it?) and he had some adorable birthday photos taken. (Featured photo credit: Matt Porteous/PA Wire)
On the blogosphere:
  • Even though we are halfway through the summer, it's not too late to enjoy the rest of it. Rebecca from Simple As That shared 14 tips to help you enjoy a slow summer.
  • I love Rachel Held Evans for so many reasons, but one, because she isn't afraid to think for herself and speak her mind. Here are her thoughts on God and gender roles.
  • In case you're more a listening person that a reading person, Natalie Franke Hays and Davey Jones of The Rising Tide Society (a creative entrepreneur group that I ADORE) just launched a brand new podcast, The Coffee Commute.
  • Ann Voskamp recently wrote a letter to her sons and shared her thoughts about them waiting to give it up until they meet "the one".
Here on A Simpler Grace:
  • You've heard the phrase all the good feels, right? Well, on Wednesday, I shared 15 of my favorite feelings and found out that a lot of you really like clean bed sheets.
  • On Monday, I reviewed the week's highlights from my gratitude journal and talked about having a special date with my dad.
  • Sunday, I did a little Bible journaling and shared my creative process for the verse II Corinthians 5:17.
  • In case you missed it, here are last week's links to love.
What are you loving from this week?

This post featured some of my favorite reads from the week. I was not prompted or compensated for sharing any of these links with you. If you wish to share something you've seen here, please click the link and share from the original source.



The post Links to Love | 65 first appeared on A Simpler Grace. If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your friends!

No comments:

D